Desperate need of info

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
redrider
Participant
Participant

Desperate need of info

Post by redrider »

Me and my brother would like to go on a fishing camping trip a few hours from ottawa! We do not own a boat and would like to find some kind of trail that we would be able camp and shore fish on! I know about all the camping grounds that are on lakes like in Algonquin park but I would like to do something off the beating path where we can be alone with only are fishing rods and tents.

I know information like this isn't cheap and that most people would not like to part with it but i would gladly try to compensate you in any way possible!

Thanks
Mike
redrider
Participant
Participant

Post by redrider »

bump
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Desperate need of info

Post by Todd B. »

Mike,

Bumping your thread will only serve to further annoy FH members. Your own observation is the most likely reason that there has not been any public response to your inquiry.
redrider wrote:I know information like this isn't cheap and that most people would not like to part ...
You would probably be better off picking up a copy of the Ontario Backroad Mapbook and plan out a trip.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
fish Nut
Participant
Participant

Post by fish Nut »

Good luck getting any locations on this site.. I offered my finest reefer and no takers.. so I am in the fog, but no fish.
FN
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

fish Nut wrote:Good luck getting any locations on this site.. I offered my finest reefer and no takers.. so I am in the fog, but no fish.
FN

I remember the classy response you pm'd me the other day... :roll:
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Sorry for the hi-jack to the original poster... But BA... You have got ne curios enough to tap a response toy on myblackBerry... What sort of class are we talking about here?

Craig....typing on the Kubota in the middle of a sweet cel reception spot in the middle of a pasture
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

camping

Post by Super »

Acually Todd's reply to get the Ontario Backroads Maps book is right on.
A few years ago my son and I took the roads south of Algonquin park all the way to Dorset.
There were at least several spots to camp for free along some remote lakes that we passed.
We ended up staying on a lake just south of Algonquin Park's western border, the campsite already cleared for us on crown land.
I am not sure if the Ministry of Naural Resources still has the maps for sale that have all the crown land listed.
Darling Township and Lavant Township, both west of Pakenham have a lot of crown land on water that would also suit your needs.
Super
The Captain
Participant
Participant

Post by The Captain »

Another good resource I found (not being from the area myself and I too enjoy being away from the crowd) is the MNR crown land atlas . . .

I wouldn't assume it's 100% accurate, but combined with a Backroads Mapbook it will help you find some areas that aren't privately owned and free for exploring . . .

http://crownlanduseatlas.mnr.gov.on.ca/clupa.html

good luck, hope the weather cooperates