White Lake long weekend

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Gillstalker
Participant
Participant

White Lake long weekend

Post by Gillstalker »

Just got back from White Lake this past long weekend, and got some stories! First of all, tons of bass, all good sizes 3-4 lbs a piece; smallies and largies. Got 3 pike all in the 4 lb range, and two Wallies a 3lber and a 4 lber (they're there!!). Lot's of the old pan fish strikers as well, and we also got a 1.5lb perch! Crazy-huge, I've never seen one that big.

We slowed down at night and caught a few bullheads from shore, and on the Sunday, the most unbelievable night fish I've seen. Moon full, water calm, my buddy tries a white grub/jig combo, and wham, (we all switch to that lure...) wham, wham, wham. One after the other, Walleye, bass, pike, bass, bass, bullhead, bass....crazy! Man I love Summer long weekends!

G.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: White Lake long weekend

Post by lapointeric »

Gillstalker wrote:Just got back from White Lake this past long weekend, and got some stories! First of all, tons of bass, all good sizes 3-4 lbs a piece; smallies and largies. Got 3 pike all in the 4 lb range, and two Wallies a 3lber and a 4 lber (they're there!!). Lot's of the old pan fish strikers as well, and we also got a 1.5lb perch! Crazy-huge, I've never seen one that big.

We slowed down at night and caught a few bullheads from shore, and on the Sunday, the most unbelievable night fish I've seen. Moon full, water calm, my buddy tries a white grub/jig combo, and wham, (we all switch to that lure...) wham, wham, wham. One after the other, Walleye, bass, pike, bass, bass, bullhead, bass....crazy! Man I love Summer long weekends!

G.

Crazy! Where do you camp? Cedar Cove?

I've never tried fishing bass at night... You have to tell me where you fish from shore at night man!!
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

We were there on Monday and it was windy out. Caught a couple of bass but nothing over the 2lb mark. It was better fishing than the last couple of outings but I am just not seeing the bigger fish anymore...
Gillstalker
Participant
Participant

Post by Gillstalker »

I can't tell you where unfortunately, it's private property. The key that night was the type of structure and moon phase I think. The moon was really bright, shooting a lot of light through the water, the rock cover did everything else. There was no bite until the moon was straight up in the sky. Once it past the trees it was like shutting off a light switch. We had about 45 minutes of bite time to get anything.

White lake is weird. Sometimes you can lock onto bigger fish, other times you either get skunked or snag only the little guys. We caught one of the Walleyes drifting through a couple of the islands about 1/3 of the way down the lake on a perch crank. We kept fishing the area, but nothing else went for it.

G.