Cronzy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike M »

I can live with his brash manner and opinionated approach. The only thing I mind is that after years of watching the show, I don't believe I have ever learned anything from it that actually relates to fishing, other than "No winches or telephone poles when in the north..." Probably won't stop me from watching.
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Crozny

Post by Joey Rat »

Okay, I took the advice of some of the "fans" did a little research and I applaud the man for his life long efforts to improve sport fishing in Canada.

Mind you I don't believe I ever disputed that or was actually critical of the man. I just don't like watching his show. It doesn't work for me.

But hey, he obviously has a following and more power to him.

BTW I do like his Canadian Fisherman bread and batter mix.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

Joey, i applaud you for taking the time to do that...

i'm sure i've wrote that on 50 cronzy bashing threads, and i think most are too stubborn to even look....

he is like a founding father of great lakes fishing/stocking.

yes, he's opinionated, but many folks are....his advice to keep a pail of rocks on your dock incase a bass guy gets too close has had me in tears i've laughed so hard....do i agree? no. but man is it funny!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

steve-hamilton wrote:...his advice to keep a pail of rocks on your dock incase a bass guy gets too close has had me in tears!

Remember us Bass guys carry sling-shots.... :P :P :P :P 8)
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

is it to send out your ground bait? :lol:
pikeonthe fly
Participant
Participant

Post by pikeonthe fly »

I can't stand the majority of fishing shows....as in neck deep in BS scenario....but I have more time for Cronzy than most. Does this make me a bad person?....probably.... 8) :D
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

While I hate the show and have learned nothing about technique from watching it, I cannot dispute everything he has done for fishing in Ontario. I hate hearing the words "shore lunch" and "paradise" but could care less how much fish he eats or if his production crew are too stupid to edit out the repetitive dialogue. The only part I pay attention to is the campfire rant which is often spot on and keeps me in stitches.

Now my wife on the other hand hopes he one day gets caught in his own anchor line...
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

Other than the news I rarely watch anything on tv so I've never seen this guy's show. However, this thread (and the many preceding it) got me interested enough to actually look this guy and see what all the 'great things he's doing for our fisheries' are...
I googled his name and all that comes up is more threads bashing him on different forums and a handful of websites trying to sell me his breading mix...
SO...can someone fill me in on what this cronzy character is all about?
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

bucketmouth wrote:
I hate hearing the words "paradise" ...

:shock: :shock:

:lol:
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Chronzy does go down like cheap whiskey. However, there is no denying how passionately Chronzy loves Ontario and it's natural resources, and is not apologetic about taking the MNR and other groups to task over their miss-management of those natural resources.

Some people don't like the 'Nuge....Ted Nugent either. But there is no question both say what needs to be said on a public forum. For that they both have my admiration.

DropShot'r
Fishin'Nut
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishin'Nut »

Cronzy has done a lot for the fishing community as many have said here. That is a small part of the reason why I watch his show. He may never show any techniques or try and teach us, other than saying things about Gulp Alive but still he draws me back week after week. The campfire segment is great but the overall show keeps me watching it. Maybe it has to do with all the awesome locations that he goes to that I will never be able to afford to go to. Anyway, hope he keeps it up cause I will keep watching as long as he is on TV.
mikemicropterus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

he taught me

Post by mikemicropterus »

:D Last year he was vilified now he is honored, ya gotta love public opinion and the way it waivers like a flag blowing in the breeze of public acceptance.

Have been watching Cronzy for years and he has been getting more crotchety in the past few years with his campfire rants.

He proves that you can still get on TV with an opinion that does not support other parts of the industry.

If I remember the show Izumi the industry whore even made a dig at Cronzy. No offense to Mr. Izumi but I find it hard to identify with an overweight balding fisherman who changes sponsors frequently and who constantly putting down his brother as well as other guests. Also his shows are more about selling than teaching which has turned me off that style of show.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Read my Blogs on http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/auth ... rstorm-ca/

Listen to Podcasts on http://www.spreaker.com/show/lanark_county_confidential
FisherLife420
Participant
Participant

Post by FisherLife420 »

Cronzy is the man... I have alot of respect for him.

FYI haters: he shows as much technique as the other shows. He shows what he is using and gives good advice... if you need anymore advice you probably need alot of things...

Best show on the air... Choronzey's!!!!

newfoundlan sportsman is a close second... the rest are lame.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

he was vilified by arm chair fisherman.....
marble eyes
Participant
Participant

cronzy

Post by marble eyes »

Yes yes yes we all love to hate him,,, or hate to love him, i can't remember which, how come WFN doesn't pick up Charlie Wrays show. It is kind of informative and god knows that they need some new material.... how many re runs of the mad fisherman can we watch???