Cronzy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
I-make-stink-bait
Participant
Participant

Cronzy

Post by I-make-stink-bait »

WFN is on free preview which is great because it gives everyone a chance to watch some new episodes of Going Fishing. Here's a recap of the one from yesterday... WFN could do an All Cronzy day and I am sure people would watch all day, just to hear what that guy will say or do next.

- Cronzy is pumping up his "buddy" as the best fishing guide on Lake Erie.

- Cronzy starts talking about how the fishing ministry is trying to help the perch population by coming up with larger net seizes so the perch can pass through and we can protect their numbers.

- Cronzy goes on to say that he is keeping 40 perch for eating... A great way to keep stock high.

- Obligatory mention of shore lunch...

- Campfire segment, Cronzy is angry at other fishing show anglers who in his words "change their shirts 3 times in an episode just to make sponsors happy." He says that a fishing show should be about the fishing and not the sponsors.

- Next scene Cronzy is wearing Abu Garcia shirt, and bright yellow Powerbait hat.

- Talking about Shore Lunch

- Eating Shore lunch...Delicious breading and batter mix.

In short one of the best half hours of TV ever made.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Good old Cronzy......*sigh*
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Your just splashing water on a wet duck ..........over and over again... :roll: :roll:
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

Cronzy is one of the only die-hard conservatives I like.

Tell me if you've seen the episode where he says: "There are too many people in this country. Our government should close our doors, and tell the people here to put a knot in it." I just about wet myself laughing when I heard that... No politician, in their right mind, would even think of saying that on TV! And this guy, Cronzy, seems to get away with anything! LOL!

BeaArthur
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

Not to bring Don Cherry down, but Cronzy is the less-refined Don Cherry of the Fish-TV business.
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

Some people like him , some don't... loads of different shows on TV you could watch... I am sure he appreciates the free publicity you and other give
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

BeaArthur wrote:Not to bring Don Cherry down, but Cronzy is the less-refined Don Cherry of the Fish-TV business.
I don't think you can get less refined than Don Cherry. Cherry is the worst tv personality ever.
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike M »

This thread is "Paradise" ...i'm hungry
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Crozny

Post by Joey Rat »

If I had to watch Crozny all day I'd stick needles in my eyes. Don't tune him in, turn him off or change the channel when he does come on.

And Charlie Moore is worse.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Hence life.....

You like some, you don't like some....

"And the world just keeps on turnin"
chill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by chill »

Talk about beating a dead horse.

If you don't like it don't watch. Shore lunches or not, the guy has done a lot for the resource in this province over the years. When you've done the same then you can stand on your soap box and criticize.

C.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

Thank gawd we have guys like Cronz.

for those who dont understand, and care to learn, just do some googling on the man.

you might find he has a little more substance than shore lunches.

as a matter of fact, i'd like for you cronzy bashers to NAME a fishing host who has done as much for our fisheries as Cronz...the only one I can think of is the Big Guy himself....

Keep up the amazing work Cronz....

(Hamilton Harbour is in the process of setting an "action plan" ... guess who the ONLY fishing personality to comment has been ... sure ain't JP "Sell Me Some More Tackle" DeRose.)
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

and not to mention "where are we again" :lol:
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

I like him He's the only one that has the balls to say whats on him mind! Cronzy isn't poor and doesn't need to rely on sponser money! He just calls it the way he sees it. Since when is it a crime to eat fish?
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

getnjiggywithit wrote:I like him He's the only one that has the balls to say whats on him mind! Cronzy isn't poor and doesn't need to rely on sponser money! He just calls it the way he sees it. Since when is it a crime to eat fish?
I like that!

Fishing was originally done for sustenance. People ACTUALLY ate them!!! :shock: (can you imagine!)

But, like its been said. If people don't like him, don't watch him.
His fish crisp is GREAT!