SEWAGE SPILL AGAIN ON THE OTTAWA

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

SEWAGE SPILL AGAIN ON THE OTTAWA

Post by fishin mission »

here we go again another 26 million litres of raw sewage in the ottawa river!! What will this fishery become? Hope your grandkids don't ever plan on fishing this body of water anytime soon,,what a bloody disgrace
city of ottawa should be put on trial and sent to jail everytime this happens
TheHound
Participant
Participant

Sewage Spill Ottawa River

Post by TheHound »

I'll second that motion. This is going to continue until a bunch of people get sick or die. :evil:
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by brufan »

and we have upto 25mm of rain in the forecast for tomorrow! How many millions of liters will flow into the river next week? There is no easy fix for this mess....
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I know it's not good but this has been happening for as long as that double sewer system has been in existence. They have just started reporting it. It will happen everytime it rains a lot until they can find a way to store the excess, treat it then release it. Which probably won't be too soon. The best thing that could've happened was to start reporting it. The big spill that happened more than 2 years ago that the City was charged for not reporting was caused by a defective piece of equipment. But the other spills are happening because that is what is supposed to happen to that type of sewer system.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
TLunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TLunge »

Well city council has just approved tens of millions of dollars to build a new main library downtown :?:
I'm sure all on this board will agree that we just cannot do without annother library so the Ottawa river will just have to wait.
Oh ya just shut up and keep paying your taxes to. LOL!
Carmine13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Carmine13 »

every time it rains just expect it. we should have little bets everytime it rains start a topic on how much you think got dumped at the end of the rain and we will see who is the winner cuz i shure as hell aint havin fun eating fish out of that water so...
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

an absolute disgrace and embarrassment! The nations Capital and were pumping raw sewage into the environment ... tisk tisk :roll:
crankbait58
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by crankbait58 »

I won't be popular for saying this and c'est la vie, but I have to agree with Walleyboss on this one and the sentiments he has expresed on other threads of a similar nature. Do I think the situation is unacceptable?? "yes". But instead of exercising your fingers over the keyboards on Fish Hawk, send the same message to city hall and hopefully the sewer fix will get prioritized over the million of other things that they do with our tax money like paying for 10 guys leaning on shovels watching the 11th guy work. I have expressed my opinion to city hall and until a whole bunch more of us do the same, the sewer fix issue will continue to get prioritized in a manner lower than it should be. As the saying goes, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", and while we are complaining on here, the councillors are not hearing the squeaks. Tight lines. Crankbait
smokercraft
Participant
Participant

Post by smokercraft »

Also write a letter to every other city, town and suburb in Canada because EVERY place does it... Only hear about it here because of the error 2 years ago where the guy got fired.... Media frenzy now, every spill and it is top of the news.... You don't hear them talking about Gatineau... Look it up, they spill alot more in the river than Ottawa does... As does every other city in Canada. Ottawa's Wastewater system has one of the top ratings in the country.. I don't think it is ok either by the way and it would be fantastic if nothing ever went into the water from any town or city but don't be so quick to make this an Ottawa thing until you do your homework as compared to other places.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Beating the dead horse again.... :roll: :roll:
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Happy to be upstream of Ottawa

Post by Priorguy »

All I can say is that I am happy I am upstream of the city of Ottawa.

You know all the dumping is certianly pushing the fish north.. lol
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Prior guy I've fished the river that goes thru Renfrew, major spillage there also. On one drift we saw water bubling at the surface and as soon as we got downwind from it we knew exactly what the heck was happening.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Awhhhhh yes

Post by Priorguy »

Awhhhh Yes but Wallyboss I never fish downstream of the Bonnechere River which is where the Frew flows into.. Got to go alot further up towards Chenaux..

You are right about the Frew spillage though....

Priorguy!