Question to experience trout Angler's

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
acadian
Participant
Participant

Question to experience trout Angler's

Post by acadian »

Hello all experts... :)

I was wondering if trout can also be found also in beaver ponds? Silly question?

Thank you.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

yes
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
The Captain
Participant
Participant

Post by The Captain »

most likely brookies, and you'll need a pond with springs or current to keep it cool and oxygenated. . .
acadian
Participant
Participant

Thank you

Post by acadian »

Thank you guys, have been doing lots of portaging lately in search for native speckle trout and they sure are difficile to find!!!I'm also looking under tree stump and trees lol...
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Well for native brookies on the ontario side, you're going to have to head up around Algonquin Park. If you find them south of Pembroke they're most likely stocked or fish that have escaped from stocked ponds, etc.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

The Captain wrote:most likely brookies, and you'll need a pond with springs or current to keep it cool and oxygenated. . .
Allow me to clarify my earlier post...

what he said.

They need cold water, so if there's brookies (speckles for you easterners) in the creek a beaver dam will create cover, forage and most of all deeper, cooler water.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
acadian
Participant
Participant

Algonguin your right

Post by acadian »

You are right... I did find some nice native speckled in Algonguin however ,we also found what we call in NB Salvelinus fontinalis :) in the ******** area and ******* but very smart and have to portage in about 7 to 10 km.