gulp leaches

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BassHound
Participant
Participant

gulp leaches

Post by BassHound »

Hey, thinking about going to crotch lake for some eyes..anyone had any success with the 4" gulp leaches :?: jigging straight up and down or cast out and drag?
bm_attar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bm_attar »

They actually worked for me in the past catching SM and Walleyes. My kids would use a bobber with these leeches on a jig and just give the rod a flick when they feel like it. They managed some SM doing that. For walleye, I only had success reeling them in.
|D4|
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by |D4| »

I've had success jigging them and relling them in for Walle and SMB.
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

leeches

Post by Super »

Hi,
I used real leeches and the Gulp leeches last spring jigging when the bite was hot.
The Gulp were almost as good as the real thing but when the bite slowed down I had to switch to real leeches.
Gulp leeches and Gulp worms worked real well on a crawler harness though and last a lot longer than leeches and real worms when you are trolling.
Super
Banannie
Participant
Participant

gulp

Post by Banannie »

My boyfriend won a tub of them in an ice fishing derby we entered.. I can't beleive how tasty they look in the water, but we still havn't had success with them, BUT we really havn't seriously used them to their full potential, we havn't used them for walleye yet, all we really have done with them is throw them on the hook of a spinnerbait to add some interest..... I'm glad to hear they are working for people who are REALLY using them to their full potential. Can't wait to get out and use them to get me some walleyes, we are still going after those frisky pike.....
BassHound
Participant
Participant

Gulp Leeches

Post by BassHound »

Thanks for the feedback...those gulp baits have some nasty smell to them eh? :lol: :lol: As long as their catching fish they will smell like roses to me.. wife my want some instead of flowers !!
Who am I kidding... I have'nt stayed married for 16 yrs without learning a few things. ..She's getting an electric trolling motor this year for her B-Day..
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

I love the gulp leaches, however, they suck at staying on the hook. One good fight and the thing goes flying off your hook, or is torn to pieces. At the price a pack 0f 8 costs, I would prefer to buy real leaches.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Not to worry Canmoore!

Seeing as you fish Dalhousie and that the lake is devoid of live in 2 weeks you'll save plenty on those leaches!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joshin ya!
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

Jamsers wrote:Not to worry Canmoore!

Seeing as you fish Dalhousie and that the lake is devoid of live in 2 weeks you'll save plenty on those leaches!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joshin ya!
Actually at work, i have been thinking about where the walleye go in June. I think the trick is electronics, the lake has ciscoe in it, so if we can find the huge schools of ciscoe we can find the suspended eyes!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Man,

They "magically" appear!

Then Disappear into thin air to haunt the fishermen in their sleep....

Bwahahahahahaha!!!