Boat Ramps - Wolfe Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kjdfish
Participant
Participant

Boat Ramps - Wolfe Lake

Post by kjdfish »

Can't find a good topo map on-line to show where the ramp is.
Can anyone help thanks. :cry:
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

ramp

Post by Dirtus »

i believe there is one at the south end of the lake , i think it is on the Westport road around the s turns. good luck......
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: ramp

Post by DropShotr »

Dirtus wrote:i believe there is one at the south end of the lake , i think it is on the Westport road around the s turns. good luck......
It's been a few years since I used that spot, but unless it was dug out some, there's a LOT of backing up required to get a boat off the trailer

DropShot'r
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

The ramp at the south end the last time I saw has a nasty drop at the end that can swallow trailer tires if you go to far back.
As Dropshot'r noted there is a lot of backing up. you actually have to back up across the road and it is on sharp curve.

The other ramp that I know of it a little closer to Westport it was pretty shallow if I recall, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the road it was on.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

FollowRte 12 (the "Westport-Godfrey Rd.) out of Westport. Sand Lake and later Wolfe Lake will be on your right. Look for signs for "Wolfe Springs" on your right, a new condominium complex. It is the old Green Shingles turn-off. I don't know if it's Concession 9 or 10.....? Sorry, I pass it all the time, but my mind is like a sieve.

Anyway, the road literally ends in the launch. It is quite a good one at this time of year, but towards summer's end will be very shallow. You can park your trailer along the roadside.

It's a free launch.

Rarely use the launch at the South end of the lake. It's tricky with the "S" curves of the road at that point of the lake.

Good luck. Hope my psuedo-directions will help you out.

And while you're fishing on my favorite lake, throw lots of the fish back for me. Especially the big ones, please. :wink:

W.