Graham Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jwilly
Participant
Participant

Graham Lake

Post by jwilly »

Anyone ever fished Graham? I'm staying about 10 minutes from there and am dying to get the boat on it. I've heard the Bass and Pike populations are great. Any word on average sizes? Of course, a hint to a secret honey hole would be greatly appreciated :D .

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Graham is a fairly shallow lake. In the summer large chunks of the bottom float to the surface. There are 3 campground/trailer parks on the lake. The lake comes equiped with one island. The deepest water in the lake can be found there. There is a sheer cliff on the island that is a popular spot with swimmers.
Despite all of that the lake is a good lake to fish. The southern end is a big slallow flat. Pay attention to the drop offs on that flat. Lots of docks and structure to fish. Lots of LMB but SMB & pike too. There is some good fishing up at the north end. This is also where the biggest of the campgrounds in located.

You should have a good time
DropShot'r
jwilly
Participant
Participant

Post by jwilly »

Thanks for the tips. I took a drive out there the other day and found a launch at the south end of county road 5. It did look pretty shallow. i'll take the rods out and try for some perch this week, or wait for pike to open. I spoke someone who sells bait near the lake. She swears there are lots of bass and pike. Perch too. Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Send Big Jim a message,, he knows the lake like the back of his hand (its actually his back yard)
jwilly
Participant
Participant

Post by jwilly »

He must be the expert, got a pm saying the same thing. PM already sent to BigJim. Thanks for the help. :)
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

My family has a place on graham and ive been fishing it for years. There is a good population of LM and a few SM at the north end of the lake. There are lots of pike, but they are usually hammer handles with the occational 4-5 pounder. Along the east shoreline throw topwater (frenzy popper) 8). For better success fish during the week, it's a pretty busy place on the weekend