Ultimate Bachelor Party!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Ultimate Bachelor Party!!

Post by MTF »

So I'm getting married in June and my best man knowing what a fishing nut I am surprised me by renting a cabin on Lake Nipissing for the weekend after opener :o Thats why I call him the best man :lol: Its going to me and 4 of my best buds fishing for three days....we plan on mainly fishing for eyes, and if that bite is slow or hopefully we get tried from reeling in eyes all day a littlel pike fishing too. I have never fished this lake before but always heard it is a fantastic fishery...I am obviously doing my research, getting maps, and going to talk to the locals, but was wondering if any of you would care to share any techniques or first hand advice...only one of the 4 guys fish regularly, and really want to get them in some fish...not looking for hotspots or anything like that, just general tips (unless you want to PM me your hotspot :lol: ) Our cabin is inbetween south bay and calender bay... just 20min away from the bars in northbay 8) ...I cant wait should be an awesome trip, I'll be sure to post a report w/ hopeffully lots of fish pics when i get back.
madog99
Participant
Participant

Post by madog99 »

The "ballet " is not far from there also in between the city and Callendar :wink:
I grew up there and the fishing was good back in the 60's+ 70's , don't know what it's like now , big water . But down that end Wassi Falls was always a hot spot in Callendar Bay . Live minnow still fishing about 2 feet off bottom used to get the limit in the evening back in the day along the beach area of town. I went back for a week in July '90 on the west arm during a wicked heat spell and fishing was poor for us , but that was a strange year .

Best thing is look where all the other boats are fishing in the evening and go there :) Have fun and congrats on the nuptials
wallyman
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyman »

Where you are staying is wide open to the elements. Talk to the camp owner for the weather of the day.
There are some Islands out to your left you can run to. A bit of a ride so again, watch the weather.
To your right there is a huge weedbed, fish the edges and the pockets. As mentioned there is the falls in the bay.
Also in the bay to your left is another huge weed bed, fish the edge of that.
Have fun, but again watch the weather. (speaking from experience)
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

wallyman wrote:Where you are staying is wide open to the elements. Talk to the camp owner for the weather of the day.
There are some Islands out to your left you can run to. A bit of a ride so again, watch the weather.
To your right there is a huge weedbed, fish the edges and the pockets. As mentioned there is the falls in the bay.
Also in the bay to your left is another huge weed bed, fish the edge of that.
Have fun, but again watch the weather. (speaking from experience)
Thanks for the tips ....and yes i've heard that there can be large waves on windy days... I hope the weather will be good
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

In case the weather is bad, does anyone know of any smaller walleye or pike lakes within an hour of North Bay?

cheers,
woodhouse34
Participant
Participant

nipissing

Post by woodhouse34 »

I lived in the bay for the past 5 years going to university and I found the best spot for fishing walleye for me was launching at premier road and fishing right out in front and around the island to the left. A buddy and I would some nights in 2 hours get 20 + walleyes a piece, catch and released of course. Anyways becarful out on Nip though storms kick up REAL fast and can catch you off guard. Well good luck and enjoy the lake its incredible.

Cheers
woodhouse34
peter_3
Participant
Participant

Re: Ultimate Bachelor Party!!

Post by peter_3 »

I think Pinterest party will be best for the special occasion. I have prepared everything for this. Tell me some unique decoration ideas.