Maniwaki fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

YA THAT ONE! whats in those lakes?
Big Pike Mike always reels them in!
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

I would imagine everything, considering the lakes that surround it.

Blue Sea has Lakers, pike, bass,perch.
Cayament has Lakers, pike, bass, perch.
Lac Rond (in the Zec), has lakers, pike, walleye, bass, brookies
Riviere Desert has Pike, walleye, bass.

I guess it all comes down to the individual lake and what body of water is feeding it.

Be carefull if you are bush-whacking though. I'm pretty sure that the Foret de l'Aigle borders the Native reserve. If you venture too far into unknown territory, you could be fishing illegally.
woodhouse34
Participant
Participant

thanks everyone

Post by woodhouse34 »

So i went and tried a few small lakes for some trout with no luck, was also trying out the new float tube since I have never used one before. A little cold in the water but kinda fun. Anyways thanks for all the advice everyone much appreciated
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

I bet the water water was a little cold :lol: Good on you for getting out!
Grinder
Participant
Participant

Post by Grinder »

I had a cottage on Roddick lake for 15 years and I caught some awesome bass in that lake. Very steep shorelines and lots of angular points.
I used to go shallow and catch small (very small ) sunfish and use them with a bobber and the bass would KILL them.
It is also a decent lake for trout but make sure you fish deep enough in the summertime. It's a deep lake (130ft) so a three-way swivel rig works well.
woodhouse34
Participant
Participant

Post by woodhouse34 »

slop wrote:I bet the water water was a little cold :lol: Good on you for getting out!
Water was a tad chilly but worth it get and try it out..lots of people out fishing not many catching.