intro & question

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
setomonkey
Participant
Participant

intro & question

Post by setomonkey »

Hi everyone:

Not new to the board (joined in 2004) but obviously not very active with less than 20 posts. Was an active member on OFN for a long time though not so much in the past six months.

Wasn't very active on this board b/c I didn't fish in eastern Ontario that much. But that'll be changing b/c my wife and I moved to Kingston last Fall and I hope to fish and get to know the area.

Love fishing for all kinds of species, but my favourite is bass & pike. Have fished the Kawarthas and Muskokas mostly, though I usually (not last year and not this year) go on a week-long trip in May or June and that has taken me into northern Ontario and Quebec.

Don't have a boat, yet, so would be great to meet up with anybody in the Kingston area who's interested in a fishing partner for the day. Always happy to pick up Tim's in the morning, good snacks, and split gas if anybody is interested.

My question is, one of my long-time fishing buddies wants to visit me in May and I'd like to book a stay at one of the lodges or resorts in the area, maybe 3 or 4 hours from Kingston at the most.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to any replies and expect to post more on this board.

Thanks, Mike
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Bay of Quinte !!!!!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Welcome back! I stay at Griffins Lakeside Cottages on Gananoque Lake, plenty of bass, large and small, crappie and perch and pike but no eyes or musky. If you want further info let me know, Joe.
setomonkey
Participant
Participant

Post by setomonkey »

Thanks for the suggestions so far, any others would be much appreciated.

Joe, thanks for the suggestion of Gananoque Lake. It's so close to Kingston though that I might just stay at home and go for the day.

I assume we could launch at Griffins for a fee?

Thanks, Mike
Big fish, little fish, swimming in the water...
Billy Dee
Participant
Participant

Post by Billy Dee »

If you get a chance, get out among the islands around Kingston and up the river towards Gan. I have had great luck with bass and pike in the multitude of bays around Wolfe Island. Also around Cedar and Milton Islands and the Spectacles for walleye, bass, pike, perch, whatever. Don't tell too many people though, I don't want the secret to get out :wink:

Billy
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Yes, I believe it's 12 bucks, if you go mention to Bob or Andy you heard about the place form Joe Salerno from Jersey, I'll be there Memorial Day weekend.
setomonkey
Participant
Participant

Kingston region lakes

Post by setomonkey »

Sounds good to me, thanks again.

Now if it would only stop snowing...

:?

Mike
setomonkey
Participant
Participant

quick Gananoque Lake report

Post by setomonkey »

Joisey Joe,

Thanks again for the info. Went to the lake last week and launched from Griffins. Didn't see the gentleman you mentioned, somebody else was there to take our $12.

Had a fun day, though action was pretty slow overall. But we had fun exploring a new lake and I wouldn't definitely like to visit again.

It was windy so it was a challenge to find fishy looking spots. Got a few hammerhandle pike, some OOS bass, and got into a nice school of crappie by one island point. No pics.

Mike