Annual Fishing Trip for 2009 - Where you going??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
|D4|
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by |D4| »

Im going out to Christie Lake ! Fished the Tay river often but not the lake. Hope theres some eyes up there ?
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Among other trips we are going up to the Pembroke-Deep River area in late July where we will be fishing a different body of water everyday for
5 days within 10 miles of our camp. We will also fish several species of fish.
Can't wait 8) :wink:
Troller
kreighoff
Participant
Participant

This years trip

Post by kreighoff »

I saw your post and it is the same as one I just added.
We fished Ladt Evelyn last fall, somehow my buddy got the name of the woman that shuttles the boats past the dam,he asked if she had any cottages and sure enough she does. Rustic but very well equiped and comfortable. We stayed for 4 or 5 days used almost 3 tanks of gas in each of the two boats we had (we saw a lot of the lake) and at the end the price was less then 200 bucks each.The other outfitters wanted 700 each for a 5 day trip.

Last June we fished Mattigami lake just north of Gogama, big water more then you can see in a week. We stopped at a snackbar/store on the reserve and hired a guide for 30 bucks for a half day. He put us onto so many walleye spots we didnt have to work hard for the rest of the week.

We stayed at Twin J resort reasonable pricing good boats and very very nice cabins. Even though we like to fish new water we might go back to fish parts we didnt have time for.

If you look around a bit there are still very reasonable outfitters.
barblessbob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by barblessbob »

we will heading over to Morning mist resort on the Ottawa for
some walter fising

same place as Saskie went to
looking forward to the wkend

this will probably be the only wkend i'll seriously key in on walleye

barbless bob
stephenP
Participant
Participant

Post by stephenP »

Last two years we went to Temagami Riverside Lodge on Red Cedar Lake, just outside of Marten River, On. About 4-5 hr drive from Ottawa, just north of North Bay. While no electricity in cabins, they were fitted with gas fridge/stove and hot water. Brought small generator to charge trolling motor batteries. Overaall pleasant experience but weather really affected fishing last year. Decided to go farther away this year and heading about 9 hours away to a place north of Sudbury. Fewer people, hopefully more fish.
adempsey
Participant
Participant

Post by adempsey »

Well, after hitting the last two sports shows in Toronto, I am incredibly overwhelmed!

I have a huge stack of pamphlets in front of me at the moment. So many opportunities and many of the resort owners were very personable.

I think I have at least narrowed down a region, although it's still quite large.

I plan on doing some further research in the area spanning Temagami to Gogama. That's probably only 100 lakes right??

I found some nice places on Lady Evelyn Lake, Gowganda Lake, Kipawa Lake, Lake Minisinakwa, Lac Sasseginega and Kipawa Lake.

I will definitely check out those places that were mentioned.

Cheers.
jcuts9
Participant
Participant

trip

Post by jcuts9 »

I am heading up your way to White Lakein late June. I enjoy the bass fishing, the lake is loaded. I just havent gotten into any eyes yet
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

My first trip is to fish for blues, weakfish, and stripers at the Sixth Annual Jamaica Bay Kayak Fishing Tournament in New York city in mid-May, followed by our Ontario Kayak Fishing Classic in Haliburton in July, and then staying local for the Ottawa Riverkeeper's Casting for Clean Water tournament on the Ottawa in August. Other than that, just a whole lot of half day kayak bass fishing.
Razor
Participant
Participant

Post by Razor »

Opening weekend of trout with Guys on our quads in the most beautiful parts of Quebec.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

any yak place those place razor. 8) :lol:

joco
Icemanstan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Good Old RED TROUT

Post by Icemanstan »

I'll be heading up north to whiskey river for same good old walleyes and down the road for same good old Quebec Red trout. man we've have a blast doing this every year its like a religion. Last year was excellent and plenty of excitement hope they same this year.

Stan
Marine5068
Participant
Participant

Post by Marine5068 »

You should check out the Near North area of Southern Ontario from about Bancroft East to Rideau Lakes and North of them. Look all north of Kingston to the Ontario/Quebec border.
Fantastic fishing on lakes that aren't TOO busy. Some are very remote feeling with good Bass, Walleye and Pike & Muskie. Lots of these are deep water Glacier carved rocky lakes with Lake Trout and other cold-water species in them. Perch also abound in these Boreal forested lakes.
I've fished Baptiste for many years. Great bass fishing.
Good lodge is Birch Cliff Lodge outside of Bancroft.
Good Luck and happy Fishing!
~Stan[/b]