TOO QUIET!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

TOO QUIET!!

Post by big-o »

You can tell that half the regular posters are away at Muskrat Lake....It's too damn Quiet :?

Wolfe....whats new/.... Lt buy anything ?....Legend hows it going....anyone..is there anyone out there ??? Was that a echo I just heard :cry: :? :roll: :wink:

BIG-O(Phil)<*!!!><
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Big-O -

Unfortunately, the only news I've had today is bad news. Had a major leak from upstairs plumbing damage our kitchen ceiling and wall (sheetrocking) before it finally showed itself. Leak's fixed now, but a gaping hole in my kitchen remains behind to be addressed. Fridge is in the living room, cabinets down. @#$%&!!

On top of that, my husband's pick-up got rear-ended by a little old man this afternoon in a fender bender, which luckily caused no injuries...but plenty of aggravation on top of an already horrible day. (Insurance red tape, here we come :x )

So... I went from a pleasant fishing trip with crappies...to plain old crappy!

Sorry, no photo's posted yet. I haven't forgotten. Will get to them, I promise!

W.
Lucannus
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lucannus »

We should have some fun since the board is quiet .. We could get away with tons till Fish-Hawk and Bobber get back,

Sorry to hear about the leak wolfe.

My wife is still waiting to get her bathroom finished. She cursed when she saw it get warm becuase its now very hard to get me to stay indoors!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Wolfe

Man I though I had a crappie day...compared to yours ..mine was great. Sorry to hear about the water leak :(
But I'm so glad that someone is answering post i though i was alone in the world :wink:
On the liter side...A fridge in the living room...is that a bad thing :roll: :wink:
I feel for you ..Insurance people are hard to deal with....they take your money for years and when it comes time to pay out(god forbid) they penny pinch you down to nothing :evil: I realy hope that you get this sorted asap and with little pain as possible.....I'm glad that no one was hurt in the fender bender....Better days ahead :)

BIg-O(Phil)<*!!!!><
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Still here

Post by Seaweed »

Well some of us are still here Big-O. I know that I just got off the Rideau and there seemed to be like a seven mph current the water was so high. I was fishing the stretch between Long Island Locks and Black Rapids.... man I have never seen the river that fast in there... it will be hard for the Bassmasters to hold their Walleye & Pike Big fish derby on Sunday before our BBQ and choosing who will fish with each other for the events we do. I got friggin skunked... someone help me will ya?

Nothing that normally works in there was getting any fish to rise.... any hints would be greatly appreciated ..... can't let the rookie get skunked .... I need the respect and the money.

8)
bass ackwards
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bass ackwards »

Thats going to be a tough piece of water on Sunday,Seaweed. I got my boat into Mississippi today, first time on the water this year, most of the alterations have been done, it all worked great, the 3 weeks of work paid off. Just have to get a place for the partner to sit :oops: :lol: . Should be no problem :?:
Hey what were you doing prefishing anyway:shock: Hows the boat working? Maybe we should go out saturday for a spin???
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Still here too...so, where's everyone heading this weekend? I'll probably be hitting the Ottawa at Arnprior and/or Constance.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

I hope to get out on Charleston lake this weekend and see if I can raise a pike or 2. As well as get a feel for where the Lakers may be for next weekends opener.
If weather permits I may even drag the kids with me.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Big-O

Thx for your encouragement. Things always seem better the next morning...just hope today goes a little smoother! :roll: :?:

With regard to a refrigerator in the living room: it has it's benefits! Seriously, you would be surprised how often I pass the fridge on my way to where the fridge SHOULD be, and then stand there for a moment sort of puzzled, staring at the empty hole with a ladder leading up to a hole in the ceiling. DUH!

My 6-yr old has a friend coming over after school for a play date. I told his mother she might want to send him over with a hard hat. :wink:

W.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

LUCANNUS: GET TO THAT BATHROOM PROJECT, OR I'M SENDING IN THE LOONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :wink:

W.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

?

Post by Jigs »

Wolfe;

Wow, and here I was complaining about the rain.

Sorry to hear of your bad day.

They told me to cheer up, things could get worse. So I did, and sure enough, they got worse.

Taker easy: Jigs. :wink:
Weeder
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Weeder »

Not all of us are at Muskrat. First time in 5 years that I have had to miss the weekend outing. However, I know it will be fun for the 35 guys that did go. I was helping Bobber and the Hawkster load up the vehicle on Wednesday night - half my stuff ended up going with them....

My guess is that today will be a tough fish...Cold front went through and it is now quite windy.

You can probably count on some remote postings by the boys as I am pretty sure a few wireless laptops have gone fishing at Muskrat as well
roughrider
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Still here

Post by roughrider »

Big-o,I thought you were headed to Muskrat also,I'm gearing up for 2nd run to Quinte on Sunday 8) ,car problems starting to get in the way :x ,first I thought battery was dead,wrong,starter shot :evil: ,almost 400 bucks :evil: :evil: ,next I go to get front end alignment,ball joints shot :shock: ,freg it,they'll wait till I get back :? ,at least the truck is humming along,knock on wood,when it rains it pours,especially for Wolfe :oops: ,sorry to hear about the kitchen, but I had to throw that in ,good luck this weekend, :wink: roughrider.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

wolfe wrote: Fridge is in the living room, cabinets down.
Fridge in the living room = less exercise to get the beer!

Cabinets down = Hey! I can actually reach everything now! :)

Good luck with the repairs.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hey, everyone -

Can always count on you all for a smile :D even when things aren't going so great. Thanks for your humor!

The point of concern now is getting the truck fixed prior to our trip to Wolfe Lake (my namesake!) a week from Sunday (6th I think). After all, we'd like to pull our boat up -- and the back fender and hitch are pushed up yonder thanks to the accident. So whether or not it's approved yet through the other guy's insurance, I think we're going to go ahead and schedule repairs. After all, fishing come first! No time to waste!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. I won't be fishing this time, but next week it'll be back on the lake.

W.

PS: Slushpuppy, having the fridge moved and the cabinet down has forced me to acknowledge the excessive dust bunnies which have been breeding in abundance. Hence, I have been cleaning....!!!!!!!!! Time for that beer yet? It's officially afternoon! :lol: