St. Lawrence River - Sunday Oct. 12/08

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

St. Lawrence River - Sunday Oct. 12/08

Post by DropShotr »

Decided to go to the river on Sunday.
As I was getting boat ready at the dock. I watched a guy launch a 18ft Legend with a.........string, you couldn't call it rope :shock:

Rip! "Oh oh, it ripped he says" :oops: ...........I turn away so I can chuckle :lol: :lol: .

"I think it'll drift to me." I says. I'd a helped regardless, but with the Fish-Hawk hat on I decided to be just "Helpy Helperton" and keep my personal thoughts on his stupid little cheap string on a beautiful 18 foot boat to myself. In short order we had his boat secured and he thanked me for saving him from going for a swim :oops: :D .

A beautiful morning on the river. I should have taken a few pics, it was a nice day.
The "walleye spot" was busy with the local boys. Having no desire to join the festivities I moved out and down to get a bit of elbow room.

The fishing was slow. The 20ft levels seemed devoid of fish. I was hoping for one walleye our supper, but I was enjoying the bass I caught trying to catch an 'eye.

I started to locate fish in 30+ ft. of water. Since last time I had been there the fish seemed a good 10-15ft deeper and the strike of the bass had lightened up considerably. I finished the day with about 18 bass. the heaviest were 5-6 fish in the 2 1/2 lb range. With the fish coming from 30ft of water I decided to release all fish immediately and forgo the photo or weighing session.

DropShot'r
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

I'm sure the legend owner was glad you were there to help..

Too bad about the lack of "eyes" but it was a beautiful day to be on the water regardless.
I had thought about going down Sunday as well but the boss would have shot me :) since I had 2 turkeys to BBq for Monday's meal.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

its a good chance that string was a "legend rope".

its the small things that get downgraded on legends to get them into the price range they fall into.
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

:lol:

great story DROP !! :D

18 bass is a great outting...

last week end went to a small bass lake and got only 13!

fished it 12:00 to 6pm

tried lots of stuff.

they were finaly hitting on spinnerbaits over a weed bed!

maybe i should try DROPSHOT'r ING! :lol:
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

That's pretty funny.........it would have been funnier watching him swim after his boat!

:P

The water has really cooled down now eh? It was 53 degrees on the Mad last weekend........

Year is coming to and end fast...Sad :(
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Helpy Helperton, ( :lol: )

Good Samaritan Award.

And not too shabby with 18 bass for an outing, either!

W.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Just think Dropshtr...he can go home and say the Prime Minister saved my boat :lol: