Water levels on Charleston down.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Water levels on Charleston down.

Post by DropShotr »

Just wanted everyone to know the water is coming down.

Plan A was to fish Charleston.

I got to the side ramp this morning to see quite a change in the water levels. The back end of the dock is dry, there is a boat tied up there....sitting on the bottom, not a drop of water around.
I may have been able to lauch and may have been able to get out with the electric. I chose to go to the ramp by the main dock. I could have launched there........but lacked the rubber knee boots I'd require to keep feet dry. I'd expect that all 4 tires would be in the water till boat floated off trailer. No big deal if ya got the boots, or the water isn't 53 degrees.

Don't know what the launch at the Outlet is like this time of the year.

Decided to go with Plan B...........Poonamalie.

DropShot'r
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Holy Cow
I was on the lake a couple of times after Thanksgiving last year with out too much trouble on the side ramp.

Seems a little early to be down that low.

I think someone jumped the gun @ the outlet with regards to letting the water level down.

I was hoping to go there this weekend with the kids for their last fish of the season :(
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I was shocked to see it that low......as a matter of fact the Rideau system seems to have gone down quickly too.

I'm sure the 14ft or so tinnys will be able to launch at the side ramp OK.

There is 17 foot boat at a dock by the homes on the other side of the bay that is barely in water.

With proper footwear you should be able to launch at the main dock.

DropShot'r