July 4th Lakers

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

July 4th Lakers

Post by Dartee »

Well Finally some fabulous weather and a day off.
Since I work State side I had today off.
Time to head to the lake... its been since early June that I have been able to make it to the lake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The weather was fine and the fish were biting.. nothing big but they were plentiful.
I ended up with a total of 12 in the boat, 3 boat side released and 3 long distance released :D . There were also several knock offs and all from 6:30am to about 10AM.
Needless to say my coffee got cold several times.
I wasn't printing many fish on the finder but when you found the clouds of bait fish on the surface the Lakers were there as well.
The bait was in the 10-15ft range, the riggers were at 30 over 120FOW.
Here a few pics...One is a little washed out (was too dark and had to lighten it)

1st fish of the morning
Most were about this size (3 lbs)

If the weather co-operates I'll have to head out again tomorrow. This time my son wants to go too (If I can drag him out of bed :lol: )
I'll need the extra hands since I'm sure the launch will be a zoo both going in and out.
mattdrp
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mattdrp »

grate day did you take those pics by yourself or did you have a other person :?:
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

mattdrp wrote:grate day did you take those pics by yourself or did you have a other person :?:
Those are self-timered pics. I made a bracket that hangs on the gunnel of the boat that I rest the camera in. It doesn't get in the way like the tripod did and doesn't fall over in rough water.
Sniper
Participant
Participant

Post by Sniper »

Was that Charleston Lake?
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Sniper wrote:Was that Charleston Lake?
Yup it was .. but since I actually didn't get skunked I may have been dreaming :lol: :lol: