gulp! buckets

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
zoomrr
Participant
Participant

gulp! buckets

Post by zoomrr »

has anyone tried these baits ? if so are they durable ? where

can you find them around kingston? i would like to try them for ice fishing but wonder if the solution in the bucket will freeze?
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

I have not tried them yet. Canadian Tire cataraqui did have them the last time I was there. I have used the gulp packaged type. Im not sure if the liquid in the container would freeze? Maybe if you put them into a insulated pail like you do minnows it would keep them from freezing.
The Legend
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by The Legend »

I have used GULP alive 3" black leeches with some success,but Im told teh minnows are awesome!!
I also think theyd be great for ice fishing
S.M.05
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by S.M.05 »

Test them in freezer before you head out. Could save you alot frustration.
Looks like something else to ad to the shopping list. Some days I think I work just to fish :cry: :( :) :D .
stephenP
Participant
Participant

Post by stephenP »

Great baits. A buddy and I caught and released 87 smallies in the Ottawa River over a 4 hour span earlier this fall. They also lasted quite well. We could reliably count on 6-8 catch and releases before the bait had to be replenished with a new one. Next spring, I will be trialing them during my annual Walleye trip up north. Perhaps the need for fetch fresh minnows everyday will be eliminated.
jjcanoe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jjcanoe »

They are pretty durable. I've used only the leeches so far, but don't let them dry out too much. Haven't tried them in sub zero temps yet but the freezer suggestion is a good one.

jjcanoe