Algonquin Park Cedar Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kingmann
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Algonquin Park Cedar Lake

Post by Kingmann »

Does anyone have any advice for catching the fish of Cedar Lake in Algonquin Park? I'm heading there in two weeks for a canoe trip. I see on the Algonquin Park website the lake has bass walleye and trout. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jasonm
Placide
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Placide »

Hey Kingman, I went on a trip there when I was about twelve with my Dad, I remeber catching lake trout on the main lake and Walleye in one on the rivers, but don't remeber how or where on the lake.
One other thing, be carefull on the main lake, we got stranded on land away from our campsite one day when the wind picked up really bad. We were only going out for an hour to fish a stream and ended spending 6hrs on the land waiting for the wind to die down so we could get back to our campsite on one of the islands.
Kingmann
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Kingmann »

Thank you Placide. I will heed your warning, others have told me the same thing about how quickly the lake can get churned up.

JasonM
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

I fished Cedar lake for seven years in a row ending about 3 yrs ago...know it well.

Pm me if you want some info.

Matt