Intermitent Sight Slowness

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Intermitent Sight Slowness

Post by Bobber »

Many of you may be experiencing intermittent slow response times from our servers. I would like to apologize for this. Our host provider, Powweb, is having issues of overloading at times with their SQL database servers, and hence the root of our problem.

They have told me their engineers are working on the problem and we should see some quicker response times soon. I have a ticket number that I'm tracking, and will check back with them periodically. They will also see if there is anything specific they can do in the interim to keep things running fast for us.

Again, my apologise. Moving to a new host provider is the last thing I want to do, as it will result in a lot of work and potentially some downtime. I will if I don't get any improvements soon however.

Thanks,
Last edited by Bobber on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI BOBBER

sadly you provider DONT DO THERE JOB PROPELY....

I am starting to be very... :evil: about this.

we have other thing to do then wait.

respecfully.......something as to be done fast.

its been like a year or so...so that provider dont seems to get better.

hope the situation will change fast.

take care

joco :P
Last edited by joco on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....waiting for homepage to load.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....still waiting....zzzzzzzzzzz....waiting....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....waiting.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....sleeping now.

:lol: :lol:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

OMG, deadly slow while checking in at work the last 2 days, last evening and so far tonite ...... not bad :shock: , would it take some help from us guys/gals to make the move to a faster provider/server.

I'm not any good with the software aspect of changing but would be willing to give a bit of help where I could

Bear :? :?

Sorry BTW, were you saying that it was our eyes playing tricks (Sight)

or the SITE intermittently :roll: :roll: :roll: slow

Had too
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TroutSlayer »

It was time for a new hosting service over a year ago.

More often than not, I give up waiting for the site to load. Believe me, I try many times to contribute.
spinner
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by spinner »

TroutSlayer wrote:It was time for a new hosting service over a year ago.
Absolutely!!!! Long Overdue....!!!!
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

Firefox reported that this response page took 46 seconds to load and that has been on of the faster pages this past few weeks.

I have got used to slow response here but lately things are starting to remind me of the dial up days on my 14.4

Bobber please do what you think is appropriate.

I am a dedicated visitor and am not about to give up but I am finding that I can not check in that often.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Rex Mundi wrote: I am a dedicated visitor and am not about to give up but I am finding that I can not check in that often.
Ditto. I bailed out more than a few times this past week, as I just couldn't hang around and wait any more. It is frustrating, especially when your time is thin, but I can't imagine the work that would be involved for Bobber either.

It's better tonight, but it seems to be slower more often than not these days. Some times agonizingly so.

W.
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TroutSlayer »

The frustration is felt by all, I'm sure. As far as migrating to a new host, nothing is lost. The biggest problem is the few hours of down time, while the files migrate to the new IP address. Nothing needs to be done at all. it's just a "move" of everything that we have now, to a new home. It's transparent to everyone (other than the downtime during migration).
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Please change, I would like to be able to write reports and add pics but it just takes to long to load pages, I have been fishing quite a few times and have had some good reports to write but it just gets annoying so I give up. It took a long time just to load this thread. :evil:
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Is it ever slow! Gets really frustrating. Definately time to get something done, I'm sure everone would not mind the downtime, if it means speeding things up!

Denis
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

I don't know much about web hosting but would archiving the Fishing Talk forum help?

It has almost 13000 topics and over 123000 posts in it.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

jeeeeeeeee

it took me like a bit more then 1min just to see that page.. :x

its my 5th time today here...not one time it was ok always slowwwwwwww.

i am sorry you have to get those comment.

but it is bad.realy bad.

something have to be done.

joco. :?
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

It has been brutal, for sure, and I have just moved on more often than hung around waiting for a page to load. :(

I am always willing to put my money where my mouth is, and I would be happy to send a contribution to help out if the problem is $$$$$$.

And as a volunteer in many things over many years, I want to state PUBLICLY how much I appreciate the hard work, dedication, and huge time spent by all of the VOLUNTEERS who maintain this site. THANKS to all of you! :D

Doug
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Yes I know, sadly it has been really bad as of late and I humbly apologize for this.

The problem is not $$$, it's the time it takes to convert from one provider to another. However it looks like I have to bite the bullet and get it done sooner than later. I'm just as frustrated as you guys. I haven't had a problem today though. I'll have a look at my trouble ticket to see if they have done anything and make a decision soon. I promise.

Again, sorry for inconvenience. Just have to find the time to get it done I guess.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)