Shirley's Bay or Appleton?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bass assassin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Shirley's Bay or Appleton?

Post by Bass assassin »

Anyone tried these areas as of late? Thinking about trying one of them out tomorrow.
BA
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Appleton

Post by almontefisher »

B.A. : You sure pick a large area to fish...Shirleys Bay or Appleton...lol totally different directions and nowhere near each other. I am about 2 minutes from Appleton and it is pretty good now...Stay away from the falls and hydro dam though as the current around that is still strong. I do not know how thick the ice is but it is iced over. Where in Appleton do you usually fish??? I will drive by tonight to check it out for you

Peter
Bass assassin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bass assassin »

You sure pick a large area to fish...Shirleys Bay or Appleton...lol totally different directions and nowhere near each other
Yeah, I live in North Kanata. Appleton is a favourite spot of mine...and Blakeney.
I usually wade the water in Appleton or float tube it. Fish the east shore and the falls. Always great pike action in the spring.

BA
Brit
Participant
Participant

Post by Brit »

I checked out Appleton earlier on today,and found the bay now well frozen..didnt have the auger with me so cant tell you how thick the ice is.

As Almotefisher said keep well away from the rapids there as there is open water and I would imagine the ice near it will not be too thick,but the rest of the bay does look good.

I will be giving this area a go definately,I am aware of a fairly deep area in the bay which was very productive last spring and want to give that a go.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Well took a drive by last night and well it looked like ice at night so still do not know how thick it is...Had a good laugh when I realized I had forgotten my auger and how I would reply on this thread...My buddy was the one that said it looked like ice at night.