Fish for a cure roll call!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Fish measure

Post by Seaweed »

That is a great point and another reason that perhaps we should have roving Derby measurement staffers... on FRS radios... and a frequency where everyone can find out what the winning size is ... 8)
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I will be there as a measurer as well so Joco its you and me..I will also be at the main registration area helping all day so feel free to say gidday to me as well. As for the main area I have a map of Petrie that I think Joco created but where is the main area at??Baitshop...baitshop bay...Crappy bay...Please help me as I have never been here before.
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

Hi all
I will be working but will show up to say g'day in the pm
Norm
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

I will be there in Baitshop bay in a rental hut trying not to freeze my minnows.

Drop by and say hello.
Brit
Participant
Participant

Post by Brit »

Ill be there...havent the faintest idea where I will be fishing at the moment.

Will be bringing my gas auger for anyone to use.

Thinking of brining the ATV as well to be a little mobile!!
pikeie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeie »

wish i could come to this one, but i am scheduled to work i just started a few weeks ago. but hope u guys have fun be safe and catch lots of fish!

i will hope to get to the next get to gether for sure.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi wallyboss

http://fish-hawk.net/kpin-icederby/DerbyRules.htm

its hard to say..what to do or not to do...

its the same in a lot off ice derby.....example...you go to the big alexandria derby............you need a pale wit water in hit thatrs the reg,,and the fish as to be alive........to measure...its abvious.

imagine if we start to measure dead fish.......we could get fish frome the past years.ho no....i did say this before people have a huge walleye (frome qinte ex) in the fridge since 2 weeks ago come on ice and register it...

so that is why live fish is the only way to go....have no choice to be equal for all.

if there a huge bite.........you have to take a chance etc... :roll:

and the hours will be taken to.....so if for any reason the biggest pike is 3 pound and there somebody get a 3 pound pike,it will be the first one out,,the hour will be writhen.....

it as to be equal for all............live fish. to registerd....

and just a one more thing...........wen somebody is gone register a fish..........all is line ex( tip up )as to be out off the hole...thats the reg

its sad to let the good bit go to go registerd but that the way it will be.

its the same as i was sayng at alexandria......the derby is only 3 hour long,,,and somepeople wait like 15 min ex to register a fish ,so that person might lost a good bit......that is life,,,.

if somebody catch a fish and want to register ,i would sudgest to get to the registerd place as fast as possible.but safely,,,,,to get it measure and picture,,,,,,,,live and release if that the fisherman want. not far frome the registered tent.

joco
Last edited by joco on Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

Wallyboss
I was thinking to use one of those rubbermaid containers (the ones with the snap on lids) as a live well and maybe put one of those battery powered bait airators...
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

yep there some kind off stuff to do to keep live fish...

i did had a full bucket off water 2 years ago and was able to keep a live pike for 30 min,,but it was not cold outside.

sorry it as to be alive,,,but to be equal to all....it as to be that way.

good luck to all.

joco
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

I guess what it comes down to is everyone has to make their own choice in what he or she does. It is a chance everyone takes. And is the only fair way. Please refer to the derby rules. We just dont have the man power for such a large area to run from hole to hole measuring. In the begining I had suggested this but that was before knowing how big the area is so now I understand. But I do think it is a good idea to go around every once and a while maybe on a loudspeaker or something to give an idea of the largest fish up to that point so you dont have to waste their time running back to the measuring area.
TheFishstick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TheFishstick »

Looks like I'm going to be able to get off work saturday. Should know for sure by tommorrow. Fingers crossed.
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

JP wrote:I will be there riding a red ARCTIC CAT 4 wheeler in a green survival suit. If you see me flad me down and say hello.
Cheers
JP
JP,

Your not hard to miss big guy!

I wont be attending because of work, But I wish everyone luck. Its for a great cause. Hope to hear abck on some results, and stories.. I believe my brother and buddy may be attending. So look for two hole hoppers with a Vex and Marcum (Orange helly ahnsen survivial suit and Blue mustang survival suit)

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Spence
Bronze Participant

Post by karma »

Last edited by karma on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rescue78
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rescue78 »

Tip-Up

I seem to recognize the tile of the thread :wink:

I'll be there. As for where I'll be...I don't know the area so I guess I'll be where ever somebody is willing to take me!!!!

I'll be on foot with a yellow and green floater suit and fish from a tall Frabill hut. I might try to put a sign up with my name on it or something.

What time our people planning on being there by? I'll leave Kingston around 4:30 - 5:00
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Karma, it'll be nice to meet ya. Might be a good idea to bring your seeing eye dog, I'm in such rough shape I might just need a sled dog for travel.

Looks like the weather will co-operate also. -10 with a 30% chance of flurries. Nice avg. Canadian winter day. :D