Can I use my Quebec license?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

wallyboss say.

Possibly because the Ontario government is actually happy to get people from other provinces to come enjoy our resources and it seems like the Que. gov. is trying to tell us to stay on our side unless were ready to pay for it., then they will be happy to take our money.

ok.....first politic should be out off fishing site...... :wink: :lol:

you think quebec dont want ontario people to go on there land because they charge ,,,non resident price...like 43.21$ aprox.... :? .

almost all states or province charge non resident fee...... :o

so it mut be the same ,,,,,,in ontario...they dont want me to go hunting there,because the last 5 years i went hunting deer in caselman it cost me a LOT,because i was consider a non -resident.......

look here

http://publicdocs.mnr.gov.on.ca/View.as ... t_ID=20510

jee it cost me to hunt moose in ontario 360$(qc) compare to 43 for resident.

for deer its 180$ compare to 36$

they dont want me there...i gues. :roll:

I DONT THINK 43.21$ OR SO IS TO MUTCH FOR NON RESIDENT PERMIT......I WOULD PAY this in a heart beat..for non resident anywhere...43,21$ for a full year off fishing..pretty cheap...you can go like 100 time if you want...
i pay a LOT more then that for hunting..a cople weekend a year.

its monney to pay,,,the C.O and the fisheries working people etc.

43.21$aprox.guive you access to a millions lakes aprox(truth) lakes in the province....all those limits you can eat...or bring home.

joco....no bad intention,just saying some little fact..about what you get for 43,21$.... :roll: 8) :lol:
Last edited by joco on Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I can t wait to ask the questio to C.O.

back to the original question........ :D :roll:

see you soon wallyboss on qc side.... :lol: :wink: .

joco :)
Last edited by joco on Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

RJ wrote: As far as the shore fishing question...I've never asked that question but I highly doubt you'd be in the right fishing from shore in PQ with an Ontario license....from a boat?....yes...but on PQ land...I wouldn't risk the argument....and had you decided to keep a few fish for the pan....and happen to be pulled over on your way home...(very unlikely)...good luck explaining where you caught the fish with an Ontario license only while driving in PQ...

Just a thought...

RJ
.......good points lad. :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

Thanks Joco, I was going to ask how much a non-resident Quebec license was. I don't find $43.21 to be expensive for a one year license. But I guess that's an individual thing, I know I'll be getting one. Far too many lakes to explore and to not do it for the sake of a couple of bucks???
Jair
Participant
Participant

Post by Jair »

You need a non-res QC permit to fish "on" QC land....boat different story.
Ontario along with Alta considers ANY Canadian a rezy...the way it should be.
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

I bought a Québec non resident fishing license last September at a Canadian Tire in Gatineau and asked for one year. After leaving the store, I noticed it expires in March 2007. I'm not sure if it was a language barrier or if that's what it is suppose to be. So if that's the case, you will only have three months left if you were to buy today.

Just something to watch out for.

Unless someone can clarify?
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

You are correct on the expiration date, it is at the end of every March, I'll be waiting until then to get mine since our trip is in the spring.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Like Joco said no politics.
Last edited by Wallyboss on Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

edites to.... :lol:

joco
Last edited by joco on Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

All my posts edited :oops: :oops:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

so now that your post are edite my post look a bit weird wallyboss... :lol:

ho well.... 8)

joco :)
waynerb66
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by waynerb66 »

Okay we are getting way off topic here. 43.21 is a good price. If I am not mistaken, and maybe someone could help me out here because I am not sure. Is is possible that Quebec non-residents permits were a lot more a few years back? I remember someone telling me it cost them a lot more than 43.21 to fish in Quebec. Like I said I do not know for sure. Anyways Bender, I hope your original question was answered.
RC
Participant
Participant

Post by RC »

I called the Québec ministry last week. Answer was that you can fish the Ottawa river with either license, Québec or Ontario, but the applicable rules depended on the location. If you are on the Québec side, Québec rules apply, and vice versa.

So, with an Ontario license, you are still allowed 5 lines on the Québec side.

I am not sure I got the right answer for kids though... He stated that a child with no license is considered under the adult's license, so they were allowed only 5 lines for 2 people. That does not sound right because during the summer, kids are allowed their own lines...
vdrive
Participant
Participant

Post by vdrive »

This is an issue I always wanted clarified, but I never thought about the implications of using 5 lines while ice fishing at Petrie Island !

I live in Ontario but many years fished only in Quebec, with only a Quebec "non-resident" license, and didn't bother buying an Ontario license. I was once checked out by a Quebec Wildlife officer, and afterwards I asked him about fishing the Ottawa River with a Quebec non-resident license. He said absolutely I could fish the Ottawa, (no different than an American etc. with a non-resident license).

Obviously, if this is true, the Quebec regulations would apply to me on the Ottawa. Otherwise, if checked out by an Ontario officer, he would either have to fine me for fishing without a license (which of course, could not happen), or accept my license to fish with the Quebec license and regs !

I think the Ontario MNR would have great difficulty finding an Ontario resident guilty in this case. Of course can you really trust the government in this case to act in good faith ? The Quebec government would have to fight the Ontario government to force them to recognize the Quebec licence on the behalf of an Ontario resident !

I wouldn't expect the Ontario government to come clean on this...in fact the regs seem to be deliberately misleading.

Anyway, thats my two cents worth.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI RC....

its because in summer the parent fish only wit one rod.......so can t have 2 people on one rod.......i gues.(that is one more gray area off regs).

you can have 3 child fishing wit you,but if you have only one license...........you will be alloewd only one limit (in quebec)..but if your children get there own permit they will have there own limits.

but in winter why they can t have there own tip up.......because the parent have 5.....mabe.

can you imagine if sombody have 4 children and go ice fishing...he would be allowed........is and 4 other tip up limits........so that would be 25 tip up........but only one limit off fish... :roll: .

they dont make regulation very clear on both side qc and ont.
:!:

i am still waithing for response......and it will be on paper..... :wink: ...

joco
Last edited by joco on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.