Someone please help me get my Musky this year

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

hooked on fishing (HOF) wrote:Why are you putting your boat away so early? This is prime time man :?
Simply becuase the marina I deal with does the winterizing and storage starting in mid October and I can only hold off until being one of the last ones.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

.......yeah, but ya still have the good ole "Red Rocket" dude!! :o :lol:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

You should change marina's then.
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

I'd change marina's then.
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Mr J, took a look at that house on the way to driving Ken home yesterday
I thought for sure by the damage that some would have been killed. I guess that was one lucky thing for them, nice mercedes all burnt down to nothing, the metal was even rusting in the rain yesterday! Any ideas on a cause?
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

No idea of the cause yet but here is an interesting fact that hopefully no one has to use.

Our house was built in the same year and by the same builder. My wife is a bit freaked thinking the fire was electrical and because we had the same builder we face the same fate (if you knew her this wouldn't surprise you).

The fire department told us we can contact them and request the cause of the fire.

I neve would have thought that.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Doing Muskie Time

Post by Seaweed »

Well I thought that I better talk about this before I blow a gasket.

I feel like I am doing Hard Muskie Time

The past four outings I have spent hours on the water mainly trolling but some mixed casting also and I haven't seen a muskie, had a boil, not a tug, not even a follow.

The Ottawa is being a real BITCH this fall down near my end of the river.

Hopefully me ranting about my bad luck might make you feel like you are not alone with your frustration over these fish Mr. J.

Some years are like that..... :wink:

I got a couple of incidential Muskie early this year so no Skunk here but I sure would like to wrap the season up nicely with a big girl. I will have a couple of other outings so maybe we can hook up Mr. J. Let me know.
Peppino
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peppino »

Hey Seaweed,

You think the Ottawa is bad? Just came back from our MCI Gananoque outing............30 guys..........2 days of hard fishing......2 fish caught! The biggest was 45". The only consolation was hearing the story of how a Ganny chapter member today hooked up with a 36" pike just to have it shredded and almost cut in half by a monster muskie they never got to see :shock:

Hope you have better luck, you still got a month and a half :D

Peppino
Only real men snore!
g unis
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

musky

Post by g unis »

its been tuff. we managed a 47 detroit river fish saturday. fish were deep. on a 9 thumper woodie.. hope things improve soon.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Hey MrJ. Im not putting my boat away until I absolutely have to. In fact it is going to be right here in my driveway all the time. Im a still looking to get out so if you have a time in mind in the future let me know and I will see what I can work out. I took K-Pin out about a week and a half ago and he was talking about what a good guy you are. And we like to fish for toothy critters. I also want to see some of your homemade spinners. :wink:
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Badger, I'll put my muklucks on and we'll convince J's wife the house won't spontaniously combust in his absence. Sounds like a plan to me.
mikemicropterus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Call me

Post by mikemicropterus »

Mr. J went to the rideau sat and my second smallie spot first cast over 30" muskie, got to boat but had no one to net it so it broke off. If you can handle an net and want to book a day call pm me also 50 plus smallies so it was ok day. Didn't start till noon.
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

The high water in the Lower Ottawa has current like I've never seen. A lot of the usual spots are being washed out by the current. Its been tough fishing but still managing to find fish. Picked two fish up Saturday, a 35" and a fat 45 X 21.
I think the trick is to find the calm water, either open water flat with structure, i.e. a drop off to deeper water or fish the eddies.
Time on the water will pay off.
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

Lunker Larry wrote:The high water in the Lower Ottawa has current like I've never seen. A lot of the usual spots are being washed out by the current. Its been tough fishing but still managing to find fish. Picked two fish up Saturday, a 35" and a fat 45 X 21.
I think the trick is to find the calm water, either open water flat with structure, i.e. a drop off to deeper water or fish the eddies.
Time on the water will pay off.
45x21 - nice fish. Went out yesterday at fitzroy, the Dam had the overflow gates open and the water was pounding through like it was spring, this is what you are seeing down your end. didn't stay out that long, no fish, frozen fingers!!!!
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

seat?

Post by Graembo »

MRJ or anyone else: I've got an open seat in my boat this evening, I'm planning on casting until dark. I'm launching @ manotick pool/park at 4:20 this afternoon. PM me if you'd like to join.

Graeme