Someone please help me get my Musky this year

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Someone please help me get my Musky this year

Post by Mr.J. »

The fish of a 1000 casts?

Then I am over due. I have tried and tried and tried to get my musky this year and just seem to always come up short.

I'm asking for someone to please take me out and get me my 1st this year.

My boat is getting put away this weekend so I'll also have to bum a ride too.

Wouldn't you want to be part of the thrill and excitement of seeing me get my 1st this year.

I'm available for my thrill of the year either Friday October 27 all day or Sunday October 29 all day.

I know there are guys out there pulling for me so come on take me out and show me how it's done.

Pretty corny post eh :roll:
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Yeah, pretty corny. Good luck to ya J! It's primetime. :wink:

'member this?

BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

If I was anywhere near you, I'd certainly help you out. I know barely anything about musky, but I had a horseshoe up my butt last few times I fished for them.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

bucketmouth wrote:Yeah, pretty corny. Good luck to ya J! It's primetime. :wink:

'member this?
BM

Of course I remember that :D

And between me and you, I hit that spot everytime I fish the Rideau and pulled out a lof of really nice pike 30 - 36 inch range in that spot and I have also had 2 follows from Musky this year in that spot.

Oh yes I remember that day very well.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

...looks like you're gonna have to get the "Red Rocket" out of mothballs and hit the Jock dude!! :lol: .........you know they're in there!! :o :lol:

Can't believe your puttin' yer boat away this early........still a lot of open water time left!! 8)
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ady »

Yeh it's been a tough year for me too, had lots of fish in my boat but very few were mine :(

Weekends are busy, always someone wants in my boat, but to take a day off to go fishing?? may have a think about that and get back to you J
Placide
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Placide »

I'll hit the Jock in the Red Rocket with you Mr J. I put my boat away on Tuesday but I really need to get out atleast one more time. I don't even care if I catch a Muskie, pike or anything else, I'll be a great net man and picture taker.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I would love to help out but I only know of a few spots near Arnprior...And well I apparently fish for Musky like you...0 for 34. Out of 34 times going out I am a big fat 0...Now my buddy has had a few caught this year. Anyway Good luck and keep us posted cause from the sounds of these boards you and I are the only Musky virgins around.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I realise this is a bit off topic but right now this whole musky gotta have fish thingy is just too trivial.

WHY?

I woke up this morning, had my coffee, then shower and got into my car at 5:30 am as I do every morning but this time I smelled smoke. So I looked around for potential danger and saw none. So I drove very slowly down my street looking for the source of the smell of smoke and when I got to turn off of my street I was stopped dead in my tracks by a wall of fire trucks and police cars.

My neighbours house was, well, not there anymore, it had gone up in fire over night, it was detroyed, there was no front wall and I could see right into his house.

I have driven by this house every day for 9 years, I did so last night too, but now in a flash it is gone, he is now homeless and has lost everything, I am still in shock and the worst part is I will be driving by this house tomorrow and the next day etc etc etc.

I'm in real shock and I can't believe I felt that my fishing season was a wash because I didn't get a musky this year, BUT THIS IS NOT TRUE, I have had a great year because nothing bad happened, I am still alive, I still have my health and my family and my friends.

I will now have a much greater appreciation for the chance to go fishing and celebrate, musky or no musky, because I know how quickly life can turn into tragedy.

I'm writting this because I felt I had to get this off of my chest, I feel...well maybe you'll understand what I am feeling right now.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I hate to sound like a mean guy but did he not have insurance...As an agent with the Co-operators I always wonder why someone would not insure their livelyhood...You never know when that could be your house. People you need insurance to protect your family from this...Anyway now that I have said that...You are right life is great and it does not matter what you catch...At least not all the time
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Mr.J. wrote: My neighbours house was, well, not there anymore, it had gone up in fire over night, it was detroyed, there was no front wall and I could see right into his house.

I have driven by this house every day for 9 years, I did so last night too, but now in a flash it is gone, he is now homeless and has lost everything, I am still in shock and the worst part is I will be driving by this house tomorrow and the next day etc etc etc.
Mr. J....

the same thing just happened about 6 or 7 minutes from my home a few weeks back...a house we pass every day on our way most anywhere. Thank God no people were in the house when it burned, but the family lost several dogs, puppies and their pet cats. Very sad. There are little graves on the property now and the house is completely GONE. It is eerie. So I know what you mean, as I get a chill when we drive by. So sad, and tragic...and it was an electrical fire (could happen to anyone).

Regarding the musky-less season. Welcome to my world. I've had a few follows and one hooked briefly and lost. Best advice is the same when I was dating. Don't seem too interested or act too eager to "hook up". I think the muskies, like men, can smell that a mile away! :wink: :lol:

Take care, Mr. J., and good luck all across the board of LIFE.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Ah sheesh J, that fire happened THAT close to home eh? Does put a perspective on things, doesn't it? Good luck with the muskie hunt, if you don't nab one, not getting skunked and a day on the water is always a welcome bonus.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

What street was that on Mr.J , I heard about a fire in that area and had a few deliveries around there but didnt see anything. :cry:
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Corner of Woodgate and Royal Field

The house backs onto Earl Mulligan, you can clearly see the damage from there.
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

Why are you putting your boat away so early? This is prime time man :?