my first muskie cant post pic

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

my first muskie cant post pic

Post by Badger Shark »

Hi guys and gals, I am anxious to write my report on my first ever muskie but the pic wont post and I dont want to write it without the pic. We have tried everything it says in the how to post and all that comes up on the post itself are the codes and no pic. The pic is located in the gallerey and on another website but it doesnt work and I am frustrated. I am no computer geek and this stuff drives me crazy. Please help me, I caught it on Tuesday and its now thursday ( also my birthday, so happy birthday to me, I hate computers). If it doesnt work, we managed to post it to my avatar. :cry: :lol:

Ok , Piker thanks, I still would like to post my report with the pic, anyway there she is below this ranting message. ( submitted by piker but thats me and my first of many I hope)
Last edited by Badger Shark on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Piker
Participant
Participant

Post by Piker »

slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

:lol: :lol: Badger Shark....hate is such a strong word but when it comes to computers.......I AGREE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy birthday and nice looking fish too man.
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

still need to know how to get this pic on my report
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Badger.....i don't know if you can post from the fish-hawk gallery but i usually upload them on a host site and then take them from there and place the image url between the image tags that you see just above the message body. Kinda like this....Image then close the image tag.

You can PM me if you like.
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Good going!!

Happy Birthday :D
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Nice smallie Slopman!!
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Hey slop, I tried that I think but I just kept getting the {img and the rest of the code} instead of the pic. Im not very good with computers so I am probably doing somethig wrong, but my wife tried it too and she knows computers. Oh well at least there is a pic associated with the thread.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Happy b.day Badger Shark. Couldn't see you last night at the bar after your thursday night outings at the store. Was working the Sens game doing the 50/50 thing. By the looks of things I'm out of working thursday nights now do to playing hockey and the Sens schedule. Hopefully catch up with you soon.
Brian
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

nice going on the first muskie!

to post the pic:
  • 1. go to your gallery/trophy room where the pic is,
    2. click once on the picture you want,
    3. you will get to the page that shows that picture only,
    4. underneath the picture, there's a line in italics which is the http address,
    5. click at the start of that line and drag your cursor to the end of the line, this should select the whole address,
    6. on your menu bar, select Edit, then select Copy,
    7. go to the post that you're writing,
    8. click once on the Img box,
    9. click once after the "[img]",
    10. on the menu bar, select Edit, then select Paste, that should have copied the http address for your pic into your message,
    11. click once on the Img box, which will place a "[/img]" after your pic address.
That should do it.
TheHound
Participant
Participant

Post by TheHound »

hi Badger Shark
Happy Birthday, and that Musky (your first) looks good on ya! Keep up the good work!!!
TheHound
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Thanks Slushpuppy, I will save this somewhere for the next one, hopefully it works.

And thanks Hound, Im definitely going to keep trying for muskie now. But I will still fish other species as well.

Next week me and the wife are heading back up to Crotch Lake for the weekend for some ttime away and some fishing, hoping to get into some eyes.