Nation River

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Nation River

Post by Eli »

I generally head there in the spring to fish for catfish and carp in the Plantangenet area. Also get the occasional walleye. The catfish there are, on average, bigger than the Ottawa river ones.

Is there any good pike fishing to be had on that river? Or any other gamefish for that matter? What are some good spots?
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hey ya clap!

i ussally go to crysler and put bopat in there and troll minnows and some nice eyes there and the odd pike or catfish,,or you can go to cassalman nice dock there and there you can catch pike ,eyes,bass.

zort
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

hi c,f,t,w,...... :roll: :P

there somtime good fishing at the cross.where the nation and the castor join.for pike and walleye....in caselman.

and we got some nice pike action on the nation in the st albert section off the river....

all this on ice...but still good in oct/nov.or in may...

good luck bud...

joco
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

thanx guys...
I think i know the spot you're talking about in casselman. Is there a little dam there?
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI yes there a little dam in caselman,,,its good there in the opening..season ..

for the oter spot.its where the nation and castor river join,,,,,about 2 miles up river.......you can see it frome the 417 bridge on your right(wen going tord montreal).....

little dam in crysler to...could be good there to.....

but chek your REG,,,, before to go there could be a off zone,,,because those place are spawning place... :o

joco
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

If you go towards Plantagenet from Wendover Please do not try to make it right to Plantagenet. Cause that part of the river is full of rocks. I have an 18" hole in the bottom of my boat to prove it. That part of the river is good for walleyes but in the early spring only.

Dan aka WB