Rideau tomorrow

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Rideau tomorrow

Post by Troller »

Hey Guys,
I am going up to the Rideau River tomorrow morning. I am going to bring my two sons with me. Both of these guys want to catch a pike badly. My plan is to fish around Beckett's Landing and the Highway 416 bridge. WE have caught a lot of bass this year in this area. Just wondering if any one has any tips on catching these fish (Pike) in this area ? :roll:
Stop over and say Hi if you are out. I will be the guy in the green and Brown Princecraft Pro Series 162 'mulitasking' with two liitle guys with big hearts for fishing.

Cheers,
Dave
(Big Bass Daddy)
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

boat ramp

Post by (Big Bass Daddy) »

Hi Dave, I was reading your post and I always wanted to try fishing around that area and every time I drive to Toronto and go over that bridge I say "man I got to make it there some day" well I would love to go this weekend but I have no idea where to launch my boat nearby.

I have 18 foot Procraft so I'm looking for a good boat launch, can you recommend one that would give me access to that area of fishing? Perhaps we can meet, obviously I have zero knowledge of where to fish on this river.

Thanks

BBD
:D
Bender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bender »

Hey guys, I've fished with Dave before and he could use all the help he can get locating fish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually BBD there's a great little launch right between the Provincial Park and the bridge. I know how to get there but couldn't tell you the names of the roads. Dave knows better than I. I have Princecraft Pro166 and have never had a problem and it's free too!
Good luck tomorrow and Dave I'll see you at the Broadway (Kanata) for a few pints tonight :D :D

Bender
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hey BBD,
I keep my boat at a marina there. It is called Pirates Cove. Once you cross the bridge 416 turn right then turn left at the stop sign. The marina in one click down the road. It cost $10.00 dollars to launch there. This might be you best bet for a boat the size of yours. There is a public launch accross the river from the marina off Reeve Craig road, but there is not dock there. It might be hard for a larger boat. However I have seen large boats launched there. There is also a launch at the Provincial camp ground but I have never used it.

Cheers,
Dave
fletch02
Participant
Participant

Post by fletch02 »

there is also a park launch at taylor park off river rd 10 min past manotick bait and takle I use this ramp all the time. many large bass tourneys use this as well its five bucks to use this one. likely your closest spot from orleans.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Hey Bender!! I see you are hard at work again!
I am not going on a Bender tonight!! LOL
:oops: I have to stay up and go fishing :P
(Big Bass Daddy)
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by (Big Bass Daddy) »

Ok, Pirates Cove it is.
:)
I really like the interactive aerial map they have on their web site it gave me a pretty good view of water, shoreline, weeds and so on.

I should be there at 9.00am or so I called them and they said there open from 9am to 4.oopm

Thanks for all help everyone!

BBD
:D