Tuesday Bassin on muskrat with JP

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jbarker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Tuesday Bassin on muskrat with JP

Post by jbarker »

Met up with JP yesterday morning for a prefish of an upcoming tourney. Morning started off ok with a couple of smalies in the 2-2.5 lb range, then JP had a beter one on that got off at the side of the boat. I really have to thank JP for keeping the pike off of my line :lol: . On to the next spot and a few more smallies nd of course JP with more pike. We decided to try for largemouthbut half way down the lake we could see a storm moving in. I said lets pull in here for some smallies. Not long after I was into a 2.5 and a few more in th 2 lb range. Then it was JP's turn with his first smallie in the boat a chunky fish in the 3.5-3.75 lb range. The storm passed and we were about ready to go for largies when I said big fish on! At first I thought it was a fight but then came the unmistakable dawging of a smallmouth. She tried to jump but could only get half way out of the water. When JP looked he said it was a carp, thats when I knew it was a good one. After a few runs on my light line she came to the net. Quick weigtht and a pic and back in the water. Weight scale rested on 5.3. Tied my personal best. After that we headed for the river mouth.

The largemouth bite was non existent and with another storm moving inand heading down the lake we head toward the dock to get away from it. we soon realized we couldn't avoid it and tied up the boat heading for the trucks. With heavy rain and no wind we knew something was up. Then the wind came in huge gusts along with big hail stones lasting about 30 mins.all of a sudden the wind stopped, sun came out and it got hot. Turned the bilge on and headed back out. That storm turned the fish off and all we could get were a few more small smallies and a little largie.

I have pictures but my camera isn't working I will post them when it is operational (I hope). Ty JP for a great day fishing. Hopefully you can find a few of those fish next weekend.
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

!

Post by Bruin »

Great report...waiting patiently for pics 8)
jbarker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jbarker »

Sorry bruin Pics may not come. My camera seems to be dead and when I put my chip in my dads camera it says it needs to be reformatted. I will see what a camera store can do.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Awsome day jason and JP for sure. I never stop hearing how jp always misses a nice one :lol: . Headed out with mark and managed a bunch of smallis and largies , and out of no where my buddie mark brings in a 4lb eye out of the slop.
great report
Anthony
Northamfishing Tackle
jbarker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jbarker »

Ok so I tried my other camera again and got the pics.

The Bad storm

my 2.25

JP's 3.5

Again

My 5.3

Another view

Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

You guys battled a brutal storm but still managed to land a few nice guys... :D Congrats!

Good luck this weekend JP!