Whitby Area Info

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
stephenP
Participant
Participant

Whitby Area Info

Post by stephenP »

I am bringing my son down to the Whitby area for a Lacrosse tournament the weekend of 4-6 Aug. Hoping to drag my boat and fishing gear for some father and son time between lacrosse games. Are there any public launches for Lake Ontario in Whitby. What are some of the reasonably close Bass lakes? How long a drive to Scugog and Rice (I'm staying at a motel right off the 401 in Whitby)? Thanks
JayB
Participant
Participant

Post by JayB »

Scugog is the closest bass lake for you. It would be a 45 minute drive to Port Perry from Whitby. As for public launches in the Whitby area I am not sure of any. If you are thinking of trying some Lake Ontario fishing it is usually decent infront of Bowmanville Creek. You can launch in Port Darlington (off of 401 at Liberty Street).

Hope this helps?

- Jay
Bassman30
Participant
Participant

Post by Bassman30 »

Lake Scugog is your best bet. You can reach Port Perry in less than half an hour from where you are staying. There is a public lauch in downtown Port Perry. If you head north from the launch you should fish the western shoreline. There is a small inlet named Cawkers Cove on the map. From there north is a good spot. Throw some Senkos or Texas rigged worms and work them through small isolated clumps of lily pads near shore. Pulled 15 bass out of there yesterday. Another good spot is the mouth of the Noqoun river area. Have fun, I might see you out there.

There is a public launch for lake Ontario in the Whitby area if your interested. Mouth of Lynde creek might be good. Not sure how the fishing is there. Carp and bass maybe.
The Legend
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by The Legend »

yea scugog is good for bass,also has walleye--musky too

rice lake is about 60-70 mins from whitby roughly, good lake for bass--pickerel as well....but scugog must closer
gellers
Participant
Participant

Post by gellers »

If your son’s lacrosse tournament is at Iroquois arena, then there is a public launch directly across for the arena leading into Lake Ontario.
However, for bass the best places are Scugog as mentioned before and Rice Lake. Both are relatively close to Whitby.
Good luck and have fun