Whitby Area Info

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
stephenP
Participant
Participant

Whitby Area Info

Post by stephenP »

I am bringing my son down to the Whitby area for a Lacrosse tournament the weekend of 4-6 Aug. Hoping to drag my boat and fishing gear for some father and son time between lacrosse games. Are there any public launches for Lake Ontario in Whitby. What are some of the reasonably close Bass lakes? How long a drive to Scugog and Rice (I'm staying at a motel right off the 401 in Whitby)? Thanks
Zamboni
Participant
Participant

Post by Zamboni »

There is a good public launch in Whitby, if the tourney is at Iroquois Arena its 2 minutes away. Directly south of Iroquois is soccer fields, just west of them is street to the launch....lots of parking.

Scugog is closer than Rice, about 40 minutes to launch in Port Perry. Its fishing tough this year, will change lot in next month. Chance for a big muskie in the Bog, good Walleye lake also. Go up Brock or Thickson to 7A into Port Perry, left on Water St to the launch.

Good chance to catch salmon in early August btw Whitby-Darlington if your equipped and weather co-operates-don't pass up that chance if you don't normally get to try for them. I took my boat to a hockey tourney in Quinte once, really makes for a great weekend-be prepared for kids/dads competing for seats.