Walleye and Boat Rentals Near Ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
garzleflop
Participant
Participant

Walleye and Boat Rentals Near Ottawa

Post by garzleflop »

Hi

I'm looking for Walleye lakes near Ottawa, say within 1.5 or 2 hours, where I could also rent a boat and motor package. Any ideas?

I don't know fishing around Ottawa very well and all I can find are Bass lakes.
kanata
Participant
Participant

Post by kanata »

Go to yellow page and you'll find some places you can rent a boat. Here are a few places I ever rent a boat.

1. Clayton Lake(613-256-1388)
2. White Lake ( 613-623-3344 Pickerel Bay, 613-623-2753 Bayvew Lodge).
3. Constance Lake(www.constancelake.com, NO WALLEYE in this lake)
4. Mississippi Lake (613-253-5253 Hayshore camping)

One friend told me he rent boat from Manotick Bait store(Besides Rideau River) several years ago (with your OWN motor). Please call them to find out(613-692-5463 Dan).
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

If you're looking for one of the better spots around Ottawa to catch walleye you have no furter to go than Petrie Island. And Oziles rents boats...

http://www.oziles.com/MarinaRentals.htm

Good luck.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Hey ERTW,

Welcome to Fish-Hawk.Net. There are a great many places to catch walleye around here. Several Lodges also rent boats, but that depends on how far you're willing to drive to get to them. Oziles is a great place on the might Ottawa River and is very close.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
garzleflop
Participant
Participant

Post by garzleflop »

Thanks for the advice guys. I only wish I'd listened.

We decide to try Christie Lake, south-west of Perth. We rented a pontoon boat from Christie Lake Cottages and Marina. The boat and the service was great but we didn't do very well with the fish or the weather.

We caught a few small Pike and a ton of freakin' OOS Rock Bass but no sign of the elusive Walleye. On top of that it didn't stop raining for a minute all day.

Anyway, we had a great time in spite of it all and I can't wait to try Christie again when we don't have to run away from the Bass.