Braid

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
J_T
Participant
Participant

Braid

Post by J_T »

I was wondering what the stren superbraid is like? I want to give it a try.What do you gusy think? any feedback would be great thanks
JT
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

This will be my third season with Stren SuperBraid spooled up and I love it.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Scum_frog

Nice new handle and logo :lol:
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Well I can say this, I made the jump from Power Pro to Spiderwire Stealth and it is SO much better.. I will never touch a spool of Power Pro again!

I have heard a lot of good things about the Stren Superbraid as well and will be giving it a try this season. :)
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Ive used all kinds of braid and I fish alot with the product. Ive used stren super braid, berkley fireline, gorilla braid, spiderwire stealth, spiderwire fusion, and the orignal spiderwire.. Only one braid stands out and thats Power Pro..

These are the reasons..

One it doesnt lose its colour as fast. It has no stretch, its tough as nails, its meant ofr toughness and strength. They make it up to a 100lbs or more so you nkow its a successful selling braid for all fishing purposes. Stren i wasnt pleased with pay an extra $2 for a quality line that I think youll enjoy more. It doesnt fray either like fusion, firleine or the other braids. Ive gotten snagged and pulled the boat to the destination its been snagged in. Like I said its tough as nails. However dont go doing that lol. In some situations I veseen the rod has broken fisrt before the power pro has.. Youll never regret it man. Its the line I count on the most these days
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Odd Spence Scout, not trying to argue or anything but in my experience Power Pro has lost it's color quickly and frayed much faster than Spiderwire Stealth. I also found it has a higher diameter, lower knot strength and I've broken off 30lb Power Pro on logs believe it or not.

I used to swear by the stuff but since I bought the Spiderwire Stealth, I haven't looked back. That's just my own experience though.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

The fact is you will have fans of all the different popular braids. In reality they are all good, but people like certain aspects of each line. Try one till you find one like!

I have tried a number and have settled on the Stren Superbraid. as well as the no-stretch, it has held it's colour and shape very well.

MuskyMatt...thx !
Lunkerlurker
Participant
Participant

Post by Lunkerlurker »

For me it's PowerPro, Spiderwire Stealth then Stren Superbraid, in 50lbs.

PowerPro:
Pros: slicker than the others, rounder 4 carriers
Cons: Color fade so is the coating

Spiderwire Stealth
Pros: r than the others
Cons: Color fade, flat - 3 carriers

Stren Superbraid
Pros: rounder 4 carriers
Cons: Color fade, noisier

I did use all of them for flippin/pitchin and all of them works ok, no breakage issue like Spiderwire fusion :x

LL
HogHunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HogHunter »

I agree with Spence, but I have to say that the longevity of the Power Pro (in my experience) seems to be better than the rest. I use it on every outfit I own and for every method of fishing. Never broke off, don't think I've ever even lost a lure. ( knock on wood!)
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

I switched from PowerPro to P-Line Spectrex IV because the coating is more durable. The coating is what gives the braid added strength, smoothness and water resistance.
Mind you I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to line and dive curves for trolling :wink:

-et
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Braids

Post by dana »

I tried alot of them..they all seem to have their strong points..
i have had bad spools of em all..
i kinda like fins prt ...
and i'm back onto fireline
for anything cept
froggin and pitching..

df
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

Ive used all kinds of braid and I fish alot with the product. Ive used stren super braid, berkley fireline, gorilla braid, spiderwire stealth, spiderwire fusion, and the orignal spiderwire.. Only one braid stands out and thats Power Pro..
Spense, try Fins PRT.

You wont go back to Power Pro, except in 65lbs plus situations.
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Ive used Fins too lol.. Not a fan.. Choosing a braid is like choosing a favorite reel brand its a personal choice. However I will not ever switch from powerpro its reliable..