fish attractant.........

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I still think about the preparation H.......... :roll: :lol: ..

I do no wen i use jig,,,,,,,,,,,,,ruber one.........ex.........wend there sent and not....like extra turnement strenght.the fish seems to hold to it a bit longer.........i think..... :roll:

i do no that anything smelly is better for cats fishing.......

joco.....
Lunkerlurker
Participant
Participant

Post by Lunkerlurker »

One little precision here I'm mainly a largemouth bass fishermen.

For bottom feeders like catfish and carp Atractant might be more effective than for a bass. So they are equiped with barbs and have a much more developped sense of smell than sight feeders.

Catfish will eat dead meat/fishes and live minnows, crayfish etc
My late grandmother told me that when she was a teen she was swimming in a lake in the Laurentian and she saw a dead horse in about 8 ft of water and there was about a hundred catfish eating the carcass :shock:
She never did eat catfish again :)

Carp most of the time will go for vegetal stuff ( ok I know about carp eating fish eggs...)

Personnaly we did a test to attract carps with greasy to the point of stating sweet french fries :P and it worked!

The europeans use a mix of potatoes oil and glazing sugar and other stuff to make a dough to catch carp.

LL