Any Special trips planned this year ?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

I would really like to go to Lake Otisco and get a Tiger Muskie! But thats just a dream at this point!! :lol: :lol:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I will be flying @ Lacroix Lodge again this year (Baie James).

link....

http://www.lacroixlodge.com/
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

Ok I'm adding the Rumble 06 to the list :D
I think I better start filling in the calender now .

So much water ...so little time :D
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Kesagami.
Temagami.
Missinaibi or Mattagami.
Ekwan.
Snare/Bateman/Springer.

There oughtta be a few others but looking forward to all of these for now.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

March 1st, I fly to Florida for my annual 5 days of fishing with Doug Dolan, Doug and his dad haul down the boat along with all the tackle, so all I have to worry about is getting my hairy butt to tha airport.

Then, 2 weeks ago, Lee Branscombe, my Shimano rep and good friend announced that Shimano was flying me to Mexico for a bass fishing trip on Lake Gurrero (sp?) in April. Hoo man, am I ever pumped about that. (note to self... check tickets, make sure they are return and not 1 way :shock: )

Ed
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

toobinator wrote:..Then, 2 weeks ago, Lee Branscombe, my Shimano rep and good friend announced that Shimano was flying me to Mexico for a bass fishing trip on Lake Gurrero (sp?) in April.
I have heard great things about that lake, just the biggest monster bass that one can ever imagine.

Myself, I'm back to Cuba in March to catch my first bonefish. Just learned that I am going during a full moon. :roll: A full moon is very bad for bonefishing. I'm baggin at least one anyways. Thinking I shall catch a 10 + pound Cuda there also. I'm bringing up muskie sized saltwater lures. This should be interesting. 8) I've got the foot long needlenose.

Then off to a flyin north of Cochrane where I looking for a personal best pike and just the chance to get that true remote feel amongst good company.

Looks like I may have snagged two weeks at lake Kippawa for free, with boat. I'll be up there with my brother in law and kids but hope to do some early morning trolling for lakers, afternoon pike, and evening walleye.
...anything to bend the rod
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

toobinator wrote: Then, 2 weeks ago, Lee Branscombe, my Shimano rep and good friend announced that Shimano was flying me to Mexico for a bass fishing trip on Lake Gurrero (sp?) in April. Hoo man, am I ever pumped about that.
Ed
Ed...I am jealous! Thats one spot I dream about fishing! Ya gotta take a ton of pics and info. on that place for me....I've been told it has largemouth the size of small Volkswagons! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mikey
muskysean
Participant
Participant

Post by muskysean »

I just booked a trip today and put the deposit on it for a September Musky trip to LOTW's.It will be the first time I've driven through North Western Ontario and I can't wait. I'm looking forward to fishing here this summer but I got to say... It's going to be a LONG summer.
trexellunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trexellunge »

Lake Nipissing, Lake Nosbonsing, Restoule Lake, Trout Lake (North Bay area), Georgian Bay near Manitoulin Island. These will be mostly musky outings. I'm also going to hit Charleston Lake for some fun fishing.
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

Trexellunge

Restoule has Musky ?
Been there a couple of times and focused on Bass may need to throw in a couple of heavier rods in the boat this year .
New to Musky fishing , have only a couple of incidental catches . Hope to improve on that this year .
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D No firm plans yet...but plan on trying a few lakes north of Sudbury to Timmins area this year just to see whats up there. I would imagine I will do the usual muskie,pike,bass,carp,trout,salmon ,carp,catfish and whatever else you folks invite me to fish for! :)
trexellunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trexellunge »

Hi Tinbanger. You wrote "Trexellunge Restoule has Musky ? Been there a couple of times and focused on Bass may need to throw in a couple of heavier rods in the boat this year . New to Musky fishing , have only a couple of incidental catches . Hope to improve on that this year .".............Yes Tinbanger, Restoule has muskies. It's known as a "quality" musky fishery moreso than a numbers lake. Big fish, but you have to really work for them. I shouldn't post this online, but Restoule contains the large, great lakes strain of musky (because it's connected through waterways to the french River, which connects to Georgian Bay). A verified fish over 50lbs. was landed in Restoule a few years ago :shock: Good luck on the water.