Muscrat Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pchilli1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Muscrat Lake

Post by pchilli1 »

Hey Hawkers,

Just looking for some general advice on Muscrat lake. I have never fished it but drive by it on the way to the cottage all the time.

I am looking to get out this Saturday morning and fish for eyes. Any advice on where to locate walleye on the lake? I will be on foot (as I don't trust driving on the ice), where would be the best spot to walk on (taking into consideration I prefer to fish for walleye).

Cheers and thanks a bunch.

ps: I was out on Campbells bay last Saturday and the fishing was amazing. Caught 5 pike all over 4 lbs and many perch. Watch out though, some of the perch are wormy. If you are looking for steady fun, check it out!

Paul
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Walking on makes it a bit of a challenge...there's a rock reef about half-way up the lake on the north side. It should hold some 'eyes (haven't fished there this year). Last year we got into some perch while laker fishing in the bay which is not too far from the rocks. They were suprisingly deep + 45'...might be some 'eyes mixed in with 'em. Like I said though, it's quite a hike on foot. Good luck.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
big buck196
Participant
Participant

Post by big buck196 »

DO YOU NEED A QUEBEC LIENCE IN CAMPBELLS BAY
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Hwy 17, just past the public launch in Cobden there's a road to your right called McFarlane Rd. Go to the end and you can walk on from there. There are always alot of shacks there for perch and pike but I'm sure if you find a friendly local he/she may be able to point you in the right direction for 'eyes. I've caught them there in the past but I couldn't tell you where the heck I was :lol:

bucket
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Exactly what Bucket says but, if you head to your right on about a 45 degree angle and, don't mind walking to the other side..You'll hit a shoal and the 'eyes... :)

There's a couple shacks there as well.
pchilli1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks

Post by pchilli1 »

Thanks for all the direction fellas, I will keep you posted as to my results!

Paul