Could anyobdy recomend me a medium-heavy baitcasting combo?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Wolfe: Take a look at the Quantum Classic or Cabo in the smaller size. These reels are designed for saltwater use, and are the best compromise I have seen for throwing baits for bass and Musky. When you are up here for Winterlude, I can show them to you if you have the time.

Ed :D
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hiya Ed. :D Thx for the advice. I can't tell you how many times I keep changing my mind between heavy duty spinning gear vs. baitcaster. After talking with my musky nut friend last night, he told me to work and turn a big musky....well, it's really not gonna work with spinning tackle.
(Of course, I'm not sure I'm going to ever CONNECT with a big musky, but I suppose one has to be prepared!)

Hey Ed, how far are you from Residence Inn in Ottawa? Maybe I can try to spin by...

SteveH, thx, too, for your detailed advice. 2 yrs. with a baitcaster and you still tag yourself as a beginner baitcaster!

Soaking it in, people, soaking it in...

Sevendustfan - I didn't mean to hijack your thread. It just coincides with my shopping dilemna. Hopefully, you're getting some good info, too!
Back to YOU, now!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
sevendustfan#1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sevendustfan#1 »

no problem, i try to learn something new almost everyday at least i hope so, but have learned a couple of things from this thread
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

rod recomendations

Post by muskymatt »

yes the shimano compre is especially well fitted for big bass , Ive had mine for years and love it