Home made lures

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Hey Spanky no need to apoligize, I appreciate the tips. So far I haven't had any luck flouring my salt but I may spend a little more time on it in the future. I may PM you for more tips if you don't mind. :?
Rideaufish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Rideaufish »

Rather than pms maybe you could start a new thread sounds like something I and im sure more have thought about or are planning on doing.
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

any questions you or anyone might have i'll do my best to answer, i'm still going through the learning process aswell tho i don't think that ever stops :lol:

ask away, PM or through threads.... :) ... thought there was a sub forum for this type of thing?... musta been hi from the fumes :P
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Ok here goes

What doesn't show justice to is the blades, they are gold and silver plated, they do not tarnish or fade or ever look like crap and believe it or not are relatively expensive, I use powder paint for the heads which makes them very chip resistant.

I'm curious to know what M.T. (and everyone else of course) thinks of the white one. You guys still into a swap session one day?
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Lookin' good dude!!! I wonder if Santa will bring me one for Christmas? :wink: :lol:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Mr.J. they look too professionally made for it to be "A HOBBIE" for you to do during the hard water months. Maybe you can give classes or sell to other Fish-Hawkers.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Walker

There is quite the learning curve tying bucktails and beleive me the first few I made I'll use but won't show anyone, the fish don't care how they really look but I am getting to the point that I will start showing some that I am making.

What do you think of mixing the gold and silver spoons? I got the idea from the williams wobbler page that was talking about how successful the half silver half gold wabbler is.

All of us hobbiests should get together at the end of February, have a pint or two, trade secrets and show off our labour of love and maybe even do some trades.

Anyone interested?
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

O.K. folks I poured a few more Senkos on the weekend and they turned out great. I used a few recipes that I found on the net (sorry Spanky I haven't tried yours yet) and 1 I made up myself.
First one is watermelon w/red and black flake.Image This is one I got off the net.
Second is Smoke with purple and silver flake.Image This is also one off the net.
And third is the one I mixed on my own, it's like a dark watermelon pumpkin color with copper,black and purple flake. This is my favorite so far and I can't wait to try it out on some Lake Clear smallies next year.
I will continue to post pics of any new colors as soon as I dream them up. I have 10 days off over Christmas so I should have a few.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Alright I took some time over these holidays and tried a few more pours. I came up with a few I like and here's the pics.
This is dark green with copper fleck.
These are some bright bubblegum and a ghost with black and silver fleck.
These are a sort of neon melon with red and black fleck.
This color is one that I will never be able to make again because it is everything I had left over from other pours all mixed together. It came out awesome but now I'm afraid it will work really good and I won't be able to duplicate it. Oh well, if it wins me one tournament that's all that matters. :wink:
Did anybody else work on their baits over the holidays. I would love to see this thread keep going.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Alright I took some time over these holidays and tried a few more pours. I came up with a few I like and here's the pics.
This color is one that I will never be able to make again because it is everything I had left over from other pours all mixed together. It came out awesome but now I'm afraid it will work really good and I won't be able to duplicate it. Oh well, if it wins me one tournament that's all that matters. :wink:
Did anybody else work on their baits over the holidays. I would love to see this thread keep going.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »