Angling Idol Help - the Livewells went fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Which of the pictures of Princess Cassie would you pick?

1) Princess Cassie and Daddy
32%
2) Princess Cassie enthrawled
68%

Total votes: 38

M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Angling Idol Help - the Livewells went fishing

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Well, finally got our camera woes straightened out ... damn batteries. Anyway, it worked and managed to capture a pretty good day on the water on Monday.

Now here is where things get a little complicated. Princess Cassie won a round of Angling Idol, which means she qualifies for the finals. We have 2 pictures of her with the same fish, which according to rule 5, means we can only submit 1 of the pictures for the contest.

So, as I (with much help from the Misses) recount the days events, I am hoping you folks can help us decide which of the 2 pictures we should submit. Deadline is Wednesday midnight, so that doesn't give us much time. Please hit the poll for which you like ... thanks ...

As told by Misses Livewell:
We did a late afternoon/early evening fish with Big Bass Billy, Princess Cassie, MT Livewell and myself. MT started off with a pike that let loose at the boat - son of a......
Next up was the Princess, fish on - on the baitcaster - Princess Cassie steps right up - like a pro! Grabs the rod and starts reeling her little heart out. All we hear is - "it's a fish daddy, it's a fish?" Yeah sweety it's a fish - keep reeling.
As she's reeling we see a little jump in the water, mom says "keep reeling baby" and she keeps reeling. I grab the net and bring it into the boat.
It's a little bigger than what she's used to, she tries to hold it and it ain't happening - so daddy hold it for the first photo - the grin says it all - she's very proud of her "big fish"!
Princess Cassie and Daddy

I'm about to let it go and the Princess decides to try again - two hands right under the belly, she plops down on her butt and proceeds to take an upclose and personal look at "her fish".
Princess Cassie enthralled

I thought she was gonna eat it right there! But instead she smiles and let's it go over the side.

Next up is Big Bass Billy, the line goes and the kid is on it like white on rice! He's a pro now - he's on the spinning reel - he's got a heavy one coming in - I grab the net and in comes a 20" inch Pike - he's thrilled, but much like mom - no deal holding the slimy bugger!
He sits with dad for a photo op and off it goes.
BigBassBilly slayin' the pike

The baitcaster goes off and Misses Livewell is up - a bloody weed! Knocks it loose and starts to set the line out - it's right about where I want it - lock the reel and bang - fish on - might as well bring it in - 24" Pike for the Misses! (MT comment - Misses Livewell refuses to hold slimy pike)

This is Cassie's first trolling session, her first turn at the baitcaster, and her very first bass!! After it was all over - the kids decided this is the fishing they like to do best - Just like mom!!!
Damn trollers. :? :roll: :lol: :lol:

thanks folks,

MT and the Livewells
Last edited by M.T. Livewell on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Let's see, the options are: You in the pic or not.......

Doh! .......NOT!!!!!

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahaha :!: :D
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Gotta say "enthralled" Bill. That pic is just too precious and amazing. The look of wonderment speaks volumes from a little one and reminds us "bigger kids" just what hooked us to fishing in the first place.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Looks Like Cassie has her whole hand stuck inside that fishes mouth..LOL
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Canadian Bacon wrote:Looks Like Cassie has her whole hand stuck inside that fishes mouth..LOL
Hey yeah it does.

Good stuff Bill, either way, awesome pics of you and the princess. Put 'em both in for now, sleep on it, and pic your fave tomorrow with a little more input here and fresh perspective. :D
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

I would have to go with P Cassie's shining eyes and smile with the bass.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

The "enthralled" pic for sure! You can't pose a pic like that! CUTE!

All the pics are nice, though, MT.

Sorry about your (@#$%&*!) pike getting lost boatside.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

i chose same as Crash...gotta love the smile...

MT, your a lucky man!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Gotta go with Crash and Steve on this one Bill, some exelent shots all around!!!!!!

F.F
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

those are great shots MT!
It's pretty tough, but I'll go with the first shot.
Good to hear you had a good day, and that you boated some nice pike :D
mike
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

WTG

Post by Legend »

:) I'm going with the "Sweet N' Sour" pic there MT.

So that means you have to be in it. Call it artistic license if you must but you actually make your daughter look even better by being in the photo.

There, I said it. :lol:

Besides, it's a great picture!

:) Legend
Misses Livewell
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Misses Livewell »

Thanks everyone for helping with the decision making.
I wanted "enthralled" and it looks like I got it!! haahahaha

You will notice the upload in the default album.... not me! ahahhhaaha

God I love MT - he keeps me laughing - that's insane laughter to those who know him... and me! heehehehehehehe

D
fly fishing canada
Participant
Participant

Post by fly fishing canada »

I liked option two... a little more independant on the hold :D
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

To echo Misses Livewell's sentiments, thanks folks for helping us pic the best of the best.

WIG/ Legend, you both make the same point for different reasons. With friends like those ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to all the finalists and thanks to Fish-Hawk.net and Shimano for putting up this great contest.

M.T. Livewell
(p.s. Will the rod and reel be available for Quinte, I'd like to 'test it' before hand it over to Princess Cassie 8) )
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Bill didnt they tell you that its a 200 not a "201" for you lefty's :lol: :wink:

F.F