Mr. McLaughlin, please stand and take a bow.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Mr. McLaughlin, please stand and take a bow.

Post by Mikey »

After the Rumble, I made my way with Scummer, Nightroller, & Pete to enjoy some great company, and listen to some feedback about how the Rumble went, in order to improve Rumblefest 06 events. One thing was constant, was the appreciation for the effort and time donated by Big Jim McLaughlin. I felt it necessary to write a small note of appreciation to Shimano, congradulating them on having such a competent staffer, and great person working for their organization. I'll cut and paste the e-mail I sent, and their reply I received today from Tom Brooke, VP Operations.

My e-mail to Shimano:

Hello sirs,
I'm taking the time to e-mail you regarding a recent fishing tournament held in Rockland Ont. on Sept. 17th, 2005. Approximately 60 people attended this local tournament organized as a fun event for all levels of anglers with an objective of giving the participants the opportunity to meet some new faces and share techniques and stories. One of the participants was Jim McLaughlin. Mr. McLaughlin volunteered his time to help many of the participants who were not familiar with that area of the river with his in depth knowledge and expertise with everything from good areas to find fish, to the appropriate baits and techniques. He answered all their questions with both a smile and sincere enthusiasm I'm sure after reading this far you may be saying that this is what you expect from a Shimano rep when he meets people at such an event. But what happened before the tournament got underway is the main focus of why I'm writing this letter. A young man (15 yrs. of age) was attending the tourney. He's both an avid & excellent angler who does not own a boat and will jump on any opportunity to get on the water when offered a seat. A gentleman had offered him a seat in his boat for the tourney so the young lad happily agreed to attend. Little did he know, that arrangements were made behind the scenes for him to spend the day fishing with Jim. The morning of the derby, when he saw his ride was with Jim, needless to say his eyes were as big as dinner plates! hehehe! Jim took him out and schooled him on the art of Bass fishing. Jim's donation, on his own time and at his own expense was something this young man will never forget. As the main organizer of the event, it's my opinion that this was what makes both a great human being, and world class rep.On behalf of myself, and the many participants, please accept our sincere congratulations on having both a great individual, and knowledgeable fisherman on your staff. I have used Shimano products for more years than I care to count, and will continue to recommend Shimano as a company whose personnel are second to none in the industry.

Sincerest regards,

Mike Boudreau

Coordinator
The Rumble in Rockland Fall Clasic fishing tournament
e-mail: salmon@aei.ca

Their reply received today:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write us regarding Big Jim. It is nice
to see that others see Big Jim the way we see him and have seen him for
so many years.
Jim was one of our very first field staff and has done more than asked
of him year after year. In many cases Shimano carries the field staff.
In Jim's case he has carried us. He set the bar for the kind of
performance we should expect from our staff both inside and out, and set
an example as to how we as anglers should conduct ourselves.

Jim is one of a kind...

Regards,

Tom Brooke
Vice President, Operations
Shimano Canada Ltd.

Hope this doesn't embarass you Jim, but I'm a firm believer in recognizing your many contributions to the people on this site, and commending you for your efforts. Cheers Jim! And on behalf of all the members here, thank you.

:wink:

Regards,
Mike
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Jim..so many feel this way about you!!
You are very appreciated!
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Congrats Jim. Well deserved :lol: Thanks for the awsome day on the water!
Northamfishing Tackle
Coyote
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Coyote »

I'II second that, I don't know Jim that well but have on occassion asked him questions regarding fishing and he is always been more than happy to help a fellow out ,its well deserved, thanks for all you do.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Mikey, I would like to take the time to say Thank You for a job well done on organizing the Rumble in Rockland. I think there are few people who go the extra mile and what you did in writing Shimano was something a lot of people just forget to do or never do.
A lot of us have known Big Jim for many years and he is always a Class Act.
Thank You for writing Shimano and letting them know just how good a job Jim does and letting them know Jig Head was truly astounded with his Day on the water with Big Jim. This young fella probably learned more in 1 day than he will in a month on the water.
Thanks Mikey and Thank you Big Jim
Plowjock
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

I got a tear in my eye...

Post by Big Jim »

Hey Guy's thanks a bunch for the kind words. As I told Mikey the RUMBLE CHAMP, it is just what I do and who I am--one of the guy's in the crowd, no more no less.

Hey Plow Jock---the main and most important thing jig-head learned was to load up on "samiches" if he wishes to continue in the LUND with BIG.

Thanks to Mikey & all the Fish-Hawk Dudes.

BIG JIM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~re-spoolin' fer hawgs~~out'

Hey Jig-head, you me and Mikey coming to a river near you in October--when the pigs prowl.
dskrizzy
Participant
Participant

Post by dskrizzy »

FYI....

Big Jim's name is in the new ' In-Fisherman ' Magazine as well, in the Quinte/Walleye section, as a guide contact along with Kevin Levars from Merland!

Good stuff!

take care,
d.
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: I got a tear in my eye...

Post by Mikey »

Big Jim wrote:Hey Guy's thanks a bunch for the kind words. As I told Mikey the RUMBLE CHAMP, it is just what I do and who I am--one of the guy's in the crowd, no more no less.
Hey Plow Jock---the main and most important thing jig-head learned was to load up on "samiches" if he wishes to continue in the LUND with BIG.
Thanks to Mikey & all the Fish-Hawk Dudes.
BIG JIM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~re-spoolin' fer hawgs~~out'
Hey Jig-head, you me and Mikey coming to a river near you in October--when the pigs prowl.

I think we made the big guy turn red....hehehehe!!! plowjock...I was raised to say thank you and show appreciation for peoples efforts...John,,,Spinner...FF....RJ...Bucketmouth...Billybob and Mrs. MT .were all exceptional people who got involved and donated time and effort to make the Rumble a great event....Big Jim, CFT champ....more rings than the Yankees....and a big old Oak tree in that belly ;-) shows up at his own expense and gives a kid a thrill of a lifetime??? PRICELESS in my books. How many Pro's do YOU know who would do this? I know, or have known many.....I have seen none pull off something like this unless there were cameras and reporters around.....hats off to you Mr. McLaughlin.....and Shimano for having the foresight of signing you up 20 years ago....

Regards,
Mikey
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

When the whole Jighead switcheroo was going down, I'd left a msg on a thread about someone looking for a boating partner, Zort, I beleive.

Well Big Jim pm'd me and filled me in on the underlying plan, that Jighead was to infact fish with him at the Rumble.

Being sworn to secrecy, all I could do was smile and think to myself. Helluva treat for Jighead and helluva nice thing for Big Jim to do. Shows just what kind of a guy he is.

....and Jighead....well, I think for a guy without a boat.....you've pulled plenty of aces this season! Didn't get a chance to meet either Big Jim or Jighead but the smile on his face couldn't be missed at the launch at weigh in. :D
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Touche,

I've crossed path's with Jim on numerous occasions,NRGC tournaments,Petrie island icefishing derby and a few other occasions and what a great guy.Jim you have been a true ambassador of the sport and us so called learner's havbe no problem approaching you and asking for advice.

Keep it going big guy :!: :!:

Thanks
Ron
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Touche,

I've crossed path's with Jim on numerous occasions,NRGC tournaments,Petrie island icefishing derby and a few other occasions and what a great guy.Jim you have been a true ambassador of the sport and us so called learner's havbe no problem approaching you and asking for advice.

Keep it going big guy :!: :!:

Thanks
Ron
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Paths??

Post by Big Jim »

Hey ScumKing, does this mean there are two paths we have crossed??

Have a great weekend

BIG JIM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~mmmmmm'usky time is any time