Battery Additive

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
stephenP
Participant
Participant

Battery Additive

Post by stephenP »

Just thought I'd pass on a positive experience I've had with a product called Battery Equalizer. My deep cycle was showing signs of deterioration (sulfation), as my digital volt-meter was indicating I was no longer getting it charged to the levels achived when it was new. As the battery was only 2.5 years old, I decided to try Battery Equalizer. Once you pour the liquid into each cell, it takes about 5 or 6 charging cycles before the results are truly noticeable. When the battery was new, the fully charged reading was between 12.8 and 12.95 volts. Now with the product, I consistently get a fully charged reading of 13 or more. Apparently Battery Equalizer inhibits the sulfation of the plates, and makes the battery more efficient. All I know is that it has saved me from buying another battery, and I see no reason to beleive overall life will be longer than previous batteries. It also works on the cranking battery. I highly recommend this product, available throughout Ottawa, including at Canadian Tire.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

How much is this stuff :?: . I have a couple of batteries that are 2 years old that aren't giving me any trouble yet but if this stuff is that good I may try it anyways.
Thanks to my great supporters Deep River Outfitters, Shimano Canada and Hunters Bay Marine.
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pepe »

Marty - stop in at Total Battery by the bus station in Pembroke. I bought that stuff on my javelin batteries and it was awesome. I also put it in the new triton for peace of mind.
Caseys Dream
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Caseys Dream »

My two main cranking batteries are both sealed batteries, is the a way to get this stuff into a sealed battery?

CD
Chunko
Participant
Participant

Post by Chunko »

Thanks stephen, thats the same stuff I bought last winter and was asking about in the recent battery thread. Im thinking about getting another bottle for my truck and car.
The bottle costs about $29.00 and does 3 deep cycle batteries. You only put it in every 5 years .
Jay
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

I too am using this stuff. I have only charged the battery 3 times since adding it. We will see if the battery performs better after a couple more charges.

Mike