Petrie Island (Friday)Now with pic's

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Petrie Island (Friday)Now with pic's

Post by big-o »

Met a WHOLE PILE of Fish-Hawkers on the ice today at Petrie,(too many to try to name) Fishing was slow, but we did see a few Nice pike caught and a few nice Crappie, and of all things Carlco and I got into a mess of Mud Pout :shock: not real big...11 inches was the biggest :) There was lots of food, cake, chips, donuts, BBQ Sauges and Hot dogs,Daves Home Made Chili fresh caught crappie fell victom to the deep fryer, along with about 10 mud Pout and a few pike :D :D ,fresh cut french fries :D , there were lots of pics taken i hope the guys will post them soon :D I had a great time today fishing with RJ and Carlco.. Rj was slaying the blue gill and SunfishI was glad to see Float fishing was taking some early in the season advice, thinking safty....He showed up in a life Jacket :shock: :lol: :lol: , Great to meet Joco AKA the Puzzel man :wink: was great seeing every one....we should have done this earlyer in the season :? ...I'll bet there will be a few of these get togethers this Summer :D :D :D :D
Last edited by big-o on Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

BigO, I can't wait to see the pictures!

btw, what's a Mud Pout?
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Phil,

Great to here everyone had a great time.I fished Petrie at this years derby and had a great time meeting everyone.Hope to meet the gang
again at the Carp show.

Ron
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Markus they're small catfish.

Glad to hear everyone got out on the ice and had a good time. The weather was fairly mild even with what seemed to be a cold wind.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Too bad I had to work, would've liked to make it out! Nice to hear it was another roaring success :!:

C'mon gang, where's the pics? where's the pics??? :lol: Of course, a lot are probably still fishing!

Wonder how the other group at Muskrat is doing :?:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Macus Wrote:
btw, what's a Mud Pout?
Mud cats......look like small Channel cats...real dark in Color with a yellowish belly,but the meat is red, excellent eating in the Spring :D :D

TopWater took a great group Shot, can't wait see it.....I think we have Pic of Carlco....giving away a secret about his underwear, I'm sure he realy did want us to know about it....don't worry Carl, I'm sure topwater will respect your Secret and not post the picture.......come on Mike where is the Pics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by big-o on Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Are they bullheads, or an entirely different kind of catfish?
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Actually, I believe they're small bullhead :!: Square tailed...not the "V" tails :!:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Today was a blast, glad to meet alot of new hawkers and a great way to cap off the season.Hooked into a few perch and gills before deciding it was time to leave.

I would like to thank everyone who put together the fish fry, chili, and sausages i enjoyed every bite.
Also happy birthday to lindsay(i think)and thanks for the slice of cake.

I would also like to thank everyone who has taught me the tricks and tips of ice fishing, the winter would not have been the same without you!
Until the next hardwater season..........Thanks

Tip-up
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Yes they are called bullheads also :D
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Betcha that was one fun day. Darn! I've got to move closer to y'all! :wink:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Wolfe...you,Brian and the boys would have had a great time, lots of little ones running around, and of course there was the entertainment ......(Float :wink: )LOADS OF GREAT FOOD :!: :!: :!:
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Glad u guys had a great time!!!

I spent the day catching up on some needed sleep!
Duck Gunner
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

A great day!!!

Post by Duck Gunner »

hello all...

I would have posted sooner but the hot shower just felt too good!!! :D :D :D
It was excellent to see so many faces , some new some familiar, out there today. Hopefully, I will remember a few more names of people after today.

My day started off with a big flop. I didn't even get as far as to park my truck before things started going sour. Yep, you guessed it, stuck in the parking lot. Whoomp right down to the belly in the slush. :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x
My humble thanks to those who helped to push me out of the ruts. :) :D :D
And the little lady who drove so I could lean my shoulder into it.

While the fishing was sporadic, the food and socializing was great. My thanks go out to all those who helped put on a great lunch on the ice!!! Carlco did a great job with cleaning of the fish for the fry-up. The fryers who kept the hot stuff coming. The mudpout was delicious. It was my first taste of the stuff but it definitely won't be the last!!!
I won't try listing everyone who provided for the meal as I am sure to forget someone... So I'll stick with one BIG thank you.

I think the only thing I hope do different next time would be to co-ordinate the group a bit better so everyone ate together. And that the food was ready all at once instead of the piece meal as it worked out. Though, I think it allowed people to eat more having a break between food courses!!!

I hope everyone got enough to eat. As there was a package of Hot dogs and buns leftover that could have been BBQ'd up...

I can't wait to see the pics of the day.

And despite some interesting variations, I will not be changing my name from "Duck Gunner" to "Stuck Truck" or "Dumb F$%# with the Stuck Truck".
Thanks for caring so much, blute!!!

Once again, great to see all the folks out there and hope to see you all again soon...
(C'mon Westmeath!!!) :D :D :D :D

DG. 8)
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

The Pics

Post by topwater »

What a great day on the ice I arrived about 6:45 am to find a large group already out on the ice. Well met up with Iceman and Duck Gunner got right to work drilling holes and got right to the fishing wasn't long b4 iceman kicked it off with a nice crappie (no pic, camera still packed ) but he quickly followed it up with this nice bluegill

RJ got into the act with this crappie Just as Big O arrived

the crowd was starting to gather

this was the surprise of the day double headers :roll: it's ok Carl I wont give away your secret :wink:

While the fishing may have been slow the conversations and company made it all worthwhile

You know what happens when you get this many anglers out, and fishing is slow and someone gets a good one on ,everyone gathers arround

The result was this nice pike caught by Kevin (coyote) this was definatly the big fish of the day and made the day for Mr j's son although I couldn't convince him to get a pic with it before it went back down the hole :)

OOPS ........

Time for a change

OK so the secret is out , But did you really need the whole case :?:

Carlco is hoping to progress to the pull-ups this summer :wink:

well this brings us to lunch, I would like to thank Duck Gunner for getting the ball rolling on organizing this feast and everyone that contributed and helped to prepare lunch , it definately was a great way to rap up a great ice fishing season :)

And finally the gang

Hold it Big-O was not paying attention ,,,, :x Lets do that again

Many thanks to all who showed up and my appologies to those on dial-up but I thought all the pics deserved to be posted :)
Last edited by topwater on Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.