Lost lake Report...RJ, WIG, MT and BTS Weekend

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lost lake Report...RJ, WIG, MT and BTS Weekend

Post by RJ »

Well we are back!....what a weekend...... :D

We left early Friday morning to make the trek up to BTS's camp...a 45 minute 4-wheeler ride was the first task....into the great wilderness!....so we loaded up and started to make our way in....

WIG on the 4 wheeler...we made it about half a mile in....and after hittin the rhubard a few times....I took over...what a ride man!....I NEED one of those..... :lol:

We were dragging a small sled behind us.....until we hit a bump and 6 dozen minnows were suddenly floating around in the snow.... :shock: :oops: :oops: ......We only lost a few..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upon arriving....not knowing what we were headed to.....we arrive to find a great camp!....all the amenities of home.....WIG and I were floored...this is gonna be a great weekend!

We headed down to the ice......great little lake.....BTS tells us where to head...so over WIG and I go....and sit....and wait.....and sit...and wait.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....not a heck of alot goin on.....but the setting we were in....it didn't really matter.... :D

MT and BTS came down.....and the venison sausage was fired up.....great food....great company.....oh ya but we were there to catch a few fish....they hadn't visited us yet.... :(

Just as dusk came.....MT had moved off to another small area suggested by BTS.....and low and behold....MT gets one.....a beauty at that!....17 inches of Speck....(WIG has this pic)....the other three of us knew we were in trouble now......considering if MT was the only one to bring in a fish....we'd never hear the end of it!

Friday night ended with MT in the lead....and mighty proud of himself....talking about signing us up for his clinic that was going on that night at 9 oclock.. :lol:

Saturday morning....we headed back to the same area....I moved off to another area around a point.....and set-up....I came across the Lost lake Guide......apparently he's a Hawk Talker too.....

He wasn't givin up any info though....so I told him he wasn't gettin paid!

WIG had his shot at glory early Saturday morning....after not leaving his lines for a second....he got up to get something out of the sled....he heard his bells ringing!....he turned back...to watch his rod and reel get ripped from the frozen snow pile he had it lodged in....I could hear him cursing from 300 yards away!....too bad WIG...I put it at around 22 inches...

The day of sunshine flew by!....more venison sausages....and more cans for the Can CRUSHER to deal with.....WIG was the CRUSHER.....and became a pro... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Towards dusk again......my line went off.....it happened to be the one right in front of the guide.... :lol: .....up she came.....15.75 inches....

The guide and I became friends after that... :lol:

That night ended with MT still in the lead.....after a great meal of steaks the conversation surrounded FH.Net...and what it has added to our fishing lives...great stuff!

We were up and at it early again Sunday......back out to our holes..BTS got one early....I believe around 15 niches.....(WIG has pic).....so WIG was on the hook for the skunk... :( ...oh well...we all had a heck of a weekend....we weren't yankin them up the holes all all day....but it was still one of the best trips I've ever been on!

We made our way back down the trail to the trucks...shook hands...thanked BTS a hundred times....and off we went....

To make it 101 times....Thanks a million Brian.....you are an unbelievable host.....

MT and WIG.....my sides still hurt...the laughs....too much...thanks guys!

The Crew!

RJ
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

Now thats a fishing trip!!! Great storytelling RJ.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Great report RJ! Sounds like a helluva time... No Float? He sounded excited about going.

tight lines,
bucket
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

1st off RJ great report bro!!!!!!Second, I was to attend this weekend and feel like a bag of.......for not being able to join!My nephew became ill on the night before departure.He was admited to the hospital for almost 24hrs, with a high fever and dehydration.He is back at home now, but my brothers wife was out of town and I was the only family he could reach, so of course I was there in a flash!!!!He is doin just great now!!! :D

I wanna thank BTS for the offer to go, and all my bro's who made the trip, I am sittin in my chair stirring!!!!!

Awsome shots, a great read RJ.

Still sad I missed out,and now I have pics to make it worse :lol:

F.F
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Great report Cap'n. A speck of points for the team. The venison sausages seem to be a popular ice fishing staple food this season, I can swear I've read other reports where this meat has been brought to the table :roll: :lol: I've met that guide too, great to see he's been getting out more. Last we met it was around Xmas 2002. He was just standing around like he always does on the front lawn of a neighbours place. Good to see he cleaned himself up to, most times he's usually covered in pee pee on his lower third. Damn stray dogs just have it in for the guy I guess.

Lost Lake. Hmmm, never heard of it. Do you have to have trail passes or insurance or what to have a four wheeler??? The wife wants one when we move south.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

:oops: Sorry to inadvertently rub it in Kev! Glad to hear your nephew is doing OK though, that was much more important than fishing anyway :D

bucket
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Bunk,

You definitely need insurance....trail passes aren't needed I don't believe....I will be buying one.....it'll be handy around my ranch here... :lol: :lol:

Float,

Glad to hear everything was ok!

RJ
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

RJ,

Great report,Sounds like everyone had a good time. :D :D

Ron
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Great story RJ, wish I was there. I managed to head up to Lucky Lake Saturday and got a great sunburn and a few Lakers. With weather like this past weekend, fish on the ice is just a bonus.

Glad everyone had a good time and is home safely.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Nice spec RJ, looks like a great cottage :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

what a great read.... i have worked about 30 hours this weekend... needless to say I would have much preferred to be on the ice... good on you guys
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

That's the kind of story I'm going to read my kids to put them to bed, but I might leave out the part about WIG loosing his rod and voicing his thoughts :lol: I was excited for you guys when I heard about the trip and am glad you got into some fish. Congrats to MT for breaking the ice and making the guys worry for a night :wink:
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Great story guys! I really enjoyed that. :D
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bottoms Up »

Great report !! Couldn't of asked for a better weekend weatherwise !! Look forward to seeing the pics that WIG has !
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

WOW....Great report RJ, Looks like you guys had a great time, I wish I had taken last friday off and joined you guys :( ....But as it turns out, I was lucky I didn't go...about 7:00 pm Saturday I was rushed to a dental enrgancy clinic, with a impacted tooth,it has to be the worst pain I have ever experanced :evil: the tooth is now gone.....that would have been one hell of a trip from there :shock: