3 lakes in a day......Mar 5th

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

3 lakes in a day......Mar 5th

Post by RJ »

Hey Folks,

Hit a few lakes with Big-O, Topwater, Gordo, Bacon and for a little while Fishing Freak.... :D

We hit a small lake that Fishing Freak had us meet him at.....looking for perch we ended up with a few OOS bass....couple of real dandies too....a quick pic....and back down the hole they went....

Gordo givin me a hand....

Fishing Freak ended up with one that would not come thru his 4 inch hole....so Big-O grabbed the power auger and drilled another hole right beside it....then....reached up to his shoulder into the second hole!.....reaching down he pulled it out for FF!...Nice work Big-O....I was howling laughing at him....

Here's Big-O drilling the second hole...

Reachin in!

And out she came!

Topwater with another bass....

The perch did show up....not the size we were lookin for....but Big-O got an 11 incher.....but the numbers were pretty good.....Bacon got a few pike too.....Nice meetin ya FF!

Bacon with one of his pike....

At about noon we decided to head over to Otter lake....Gordo was anxious to try out his home lake....frankly....we won't be going back... :lol: :lol: ....lots of dinky perch.....annoying size really..... :? .....Big-O and I each caught a big golden shiner... :shock: ....that was the cue to leave......

Off to the Big Rideau we went...and immediately we were onto fish....good average size perch.... :) ......then the bluegills moved in....the pannie bite was great......pretty much non-stop for the last 2 hours of daylight....

A nice set of gills....

The highlight of my day was watching Big-O chase this muskrat around...trying to get a good pic of it......well...we were actually trying to catch it to get WIG a new hat!

Here he is!

Most fish were taken on 1/64ths jig....tipped with either a chunk of worm or wax worms....white seemed to work best for me!

A great day to be on the ice with some of my favorite Hawk Talkers!

RJ
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

I ddint know WIG's hat had legs!! It looked pretty relaxed on his head on thursday :P

Sounds like a great day lads, wish I could have joined!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Ransome Wrote
I ddint know WIG's hat had legs!! It looked pretty relaxed on his head on thursday

Let me tell you it had four legs ...and a lot of teeth :shock:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Oh boy! :lol:

OOS Bass.

OOS Pike.

Harrasing Wildlife.

Am i gonna have to call Bobber and bring back the forum!? :lol: :lol:

That sure is a pretty fish FF has! What a beauty.

Nice workguys. Not the fish you were after, but some great shots and it's great to see you guys all out together again. Nice work.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I was a real fun day for sure....
The worst part was the wind was blowin hard...most of it from Gordo! :shock:
A bunch of nice fish today and best of all a good time with Big O, RJ, Topwater, Gordo and FishinFreak!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Found another pic.....just so we are all seen with an OOS....so we can all be lynched.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big-O!

nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

Sounds like I missed a great time! These FishHawk gatherings are great fun!!! Nice fish too!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I wasn't harassing wildlife!!!!.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I can't tell if Phil's hat is a dark one that's lightened up or a light one that's darkened up! :lol:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Markus Wrote:
can't tell if Phil's hat is a dark one that's lightened up or a light one that's darkened up!

That hat has been thru a lot....thats the one I lost in Jan. 2004 fishing Quinte with RJ, rj caught it I tryed drying it on a Propane heater...caught fire :oops: :oops: , had to dunk it again :? , I was wearing that hat when my brother inlaws house caught fire....fought the fire with the vol. FD for about three hours , before back up arrived from Ottawa....hence the dark color...this poor old hat has been thru a lot.....and it is my favorite one ,out of the Three fish-hawk hats I have :D :D :D :D
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

how do you properly display a muskrat?

:roll:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Jazman wrote:
how do you properly display a muskrat

Like this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Awesome Day with my some of my favorite Hawk Talkers. The only thing missing was a nice warm touque.. Thanks again Bacon! :evil:

The good news is Bacon said he would get me one easily enough! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks again Topwater for picking me up!

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Wow....what a great day....many thanks to fishingfreak for letting us in on his secret spot.....and IT WILL REMAIN A SECRET 8) it was a blast out there, Hey FF...how did you do after we left???

It was great to see Gordo out in the fresh air today, this was is first trip out side the house this winter Summer Boy :wink: :wink: you owe me $5.00

Topwater...if you want to go out in the boat this year...pay up the $5.00 you owe me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Thanks Rj for paying me the $5.00....the rest are sore loser's, Another great outing to put in the books thanks RJ ..sure you can't make it to the Niagra next weekend 8) :D

Bacon....great to get out on the ice with you again....we will do it again soon....real soon....you owe me $5.00 :lol: :wink: :wink:

three Lakes in one day....there is no possible way to estimate how many fish we caught today...but it was a Pile of them....i think RJ took the day with most fish caught!! We decided that the bass were coming to offten and moved :( to a different Lake, All of these bass came on 1/8 once or 1/64 once jigs...amazing a fish that size would take a jig that small FF ...if you get bass like that in the summer... you have one heck of a great Honey hole :lol: :lol: :lol: (no one bother asking where ,we won't tell you) :lol:

As far as the Muskrat goes....I thought WIG had lost his hat only to relieze that it wasen't his hat at all....maybe a brother to the hat :wink: I think that poor old muskrat and I were about the Same age...after all the running and Chasing....we both had to sit down have a smoke and catch our breath :oops: :oops: ... I'm got to start carry oxegen with me , trying to get Wild life shots for Wolfe...is getting to hard on me :oops: 8) :lol: :lol:

Now only a few more Days left...till I fly down to see Markus, hopfuly to get a few Rainbows and lakers......I can't wait :D :D :D
Last edited by big-o on Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishing Freak
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishing Freak »

Thanks for coming down guys, it's to bad the bigger ones weren't biting.

It was great to finally meet you guys.

Big-o, This is a great bass lake in the summer. For how pressured it is I'm really surprised at the quality of fish in there. I endede up bringing 16 home, smallest was 9" biggest was 12". 4 were 11" or better. Just keep rotating through the hole and picked them up here and there.

Topwater, welcome to the P club, it took long enough. :lol:

Bacon, you can use that replica quote in any argument. :lol:

RJ, and big-o thanks for explaining how that there fish flasher thingy worked. Neat :lol:

Gordo, See you don't need high tech equipment, to catch big bass.

Anytime you want to give this lake a try for Bass, during the season, let me know and I'll meet you there.

Great meeting you all.