Silver Lake Report - Feb 26th

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Silver Lake Report - Feb 26th

Post by jazman »

What a great day....

.....the group met up this am at about 5:45 at a gas station near Silver Lake..... ICEMAN, ICEMAN's famous buddy Dave, Duck Gunner, WIG, Nighttroller, Bucketmouth, Icebourne and Zory, Big-o and RJ, Jale6666 and his friend (sorry about the lack of a name....) hope I did not miss anyone... we are all working on a little... or NO sleep in WIGs case!

We were cutting holes by 6....

Nighttroller pulls out this beauty about 45 minutes later, just shy of 8 pounds and gourgeous.... This was about a 10 minute battle... fished surfaced 3 times only to scream off back to the bottom. NT kept his cool and brought her in.... sweet. The pictures only partially capture the color of this fish.

One more laker all day :( DG got it and these perch were bigger.... and beautiful, never seen them so fat! 2 13 inchers and 5-6 more in that range.... lots of little ones to boot.... (RJ had a 9 inch girth on his! ). These are bigger than any perch I have ever seen.... awesome!

RJ had a the surprise of his life with this beauty small mouth.... a quick pic and she swam again.... he has 2 lb on his mini rod and it screamed as he fought this beauty.... thought it was another laker, almost drilled a second hole to get his head through :lol:

Had a pleasant visit from a CO who is familiar with our great site! He spent some time answering questions and filling us in on some local information, appreciated by all. Really nice to get some straight forward answers to some questions which have haunted us all....

Jigs stopped by to pull in a few dozen perch while we met and chatted... good to meet you JIGS!

Thanks to a great group.... enjoyed the day very much....

Hope to do it again soon!
Last edited by jazman on Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Rich,gorgeous lake trout,I'll give you a call to get details.

Ron
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Rich,were you in the spot Big Jim told us :?:

Ron
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Sweet work guys!! I new sooner or later you would pull up some lakers. Awsome job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

jazman -

awesome report and pictures -- all of those fish are big & beautiful! Congrat's the spectacular laker, NT!

Great to see all those smiles in addition to the fish.

Site's getting back on track with these nice reports today, FOR SURE.

Thx, jazman. Wish I could have been there; what a great group of folks!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Jazman summed the day up very well. We were all amped after Mr. Horseshoe got that beauty fish. Well done Rich!

Not much to add in terms of fishing pics, due to the stellar lack of action today. Still wish I had given up on the lakers and spent the aft with RJ, BigO, and Jaz for some monster perch action. I found my own little honey hole and caught about 15-20 of my own, averaging only about 5" though.

Here's Oak on one of our epic run and gun journeys on the western end of the lake...

And here's a snow covered Zory after a rather brisk tailgate ride while moving from spot to spot....

bucket
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Hey Jazz, I got your pics all rotated and I got the top 4 adjusted to show up, but looks like I gotta a little help from the bottom ones!

Awesome report guys! Love the color on that laker! I love the dark ones.

Are you sure you weren't on Simcoe? Lakers, Jumbo Perch, chubbie smallies? If there would have been a whitefish I'd know you were on Simcoe for sure! :lol: :lol:

I'm more than a little envious I missed out on this trip. Top notch day, report and pics.

Awesome! :P
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

thanks Mark... rushing to post up while bouncing emma on one knee :)

The trout.... man so dark and RICH... really awesome.

And I am not kidding about the perch. I have caught 12's but the guts on these guys.... were about a pound a piece... though that was on my digi scales...
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Great pics guys!!

I told linds tonight that if anyone was to get a laker I thought it would be Richard!! This guy must have had the same blacksmith as Markus... you all should know what im talking about! Congrats Rich on a beauty fish!

Do tell the details! Depth, bait, etc.....

Once again congrats on the fish Rich, those are some jalopy perch, and a nice smallie to boot!
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Hey Jazman,

I'm guessin who Mr Horeseshoe is? Been there done that.Isn't it remarkable how he pulls its off.Recall one night on Quinte he Pulled in everything. The *%^7()*&^%% after a week sent everyone in the boat the lure he was using. I enjoyed his hospitlailty this past weekend but I have to draw the line.

You know who you are cobra,

Thanks again for last weekend ,

PS I thought I would be able to catch up in terms of fish caught but you really messed up the works with that laketrout.

Ron
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

It was an amazing fish....just blew it up on my machine... still harping on the color...
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

We had a great time today, a lot of hours went into 1 laker but it was worth it. Markus and I would be happy to tell you where we get our horseshoes but the price could be a whole lot of beer at Westmeath!!! :D Special thanks to RJ for lipping the laker like a bass to get it through the hole! The amazing thing about that fish is I saw it come screaming off the bottom and slam my jig on my Vex. It happened two more time throughout the day but the fish changed its mind at the last minute both times! I am looking forward to our next roadtrip, whereever it may be!
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Nice looking fish everyone , something told me i should have went to this outing.How far is silver anyway??
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

Great report guys!

And they say there are no lakers in Silver lake....or is it they are hard to get. That is one truely awsome fish.

Those perch are equaly impressive.

Sorry I had to miss it..maybe next time!
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

LOL ,Send me the lure.

Ron