Saguenay report pt 2

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Saguenay report pt 2

Post by topwater »

Well i'm back from Saguenay and I have to say that was a fantastic trip. The scenery was fantastic and although the fishing was slow it was a new and awsome experrience.We made a stop on the way to see the ice fishing operation at Sainte-Anne-DeLa-Perade. this is a event everyone should see if you get a chance vertualy the whole river becomes a city fot the Tomcod fishing they build a city on the ice complete with stores restaurants and I'm told althgough I didn't see it there's even a dance hall

Restaurant on the Ice Sainte-Anne-DeLa-Perade

one view upstream Sainte-Anne-DeLa-Perade

We arrived at Saguenay and our finall destination by about 1 pm at les Gites Du Fjord and checked in to a modern comfotable condo with all the amendities of home :)

Our accomadations

The view from our patio door
Thje ice shacks on the Fjord

We started fishing Saturday Morning and were informed the transition from freash to salt water was at 60 feet deep and our shack was set over 280 feet of water the sea bass were suspended between 60 to 280 feet of water , an awfull large colum of water to serch so we oped to concentrate on the bottom feeding cod , It wasn't long befofore the first cod was landed but it proved to be a tough weekend for fishing and our totall catch for the weekend was 4 cod 3 ray's a whole pile of snow crab( had to be returned :( )and a mystery blob we believe to be a gelitunus snail that we named a booger bass :)

My first ever Cod

some of our crabs we caught
the Booger bass

All in all an encellent weekend with great company and great food hope to do it again in the future :) :) :) :)

oops hit submit in the middle :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by topwater on Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Does part 2 of your report contain the fish pictures? :lol:

That place lloks awesome. I read an article about it a little while ago. It's something worth experiencing for sure. Great pictures Topwater.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

What?...no fish?... :x
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bottoms Up »

Great pictures Topwater ! Looks like they love their icefishing !
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Thats crazy i couldent fish there to many people there.
Northamfishing Tackle
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Id rather touch the booger bass over a ling any day!!!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

That is so cool!....look honey!...I got crabs on my fishing trip..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Awesome pics Topwater. It's been awhile since a I've been fishing for Tom Cod. Even brought a smile to PL's face, most kids in the Maritimes that are brought up in fishing communities share the same memories as tom cod being theit first fish ever caught.

Looks like an awesome trip. Too bad the crabs had to go back down the hole. :)
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

I can see why they call Ling, "fresh water cod". Looks are very alike. Are they as slimey as Ling..???
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Great report Topwater!

Did the Cod have to go back too? I know they did when I was fishing the East Coast last year! :(
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

I can see why they call Ling, "fresh water cod". Looks are very alike. Are they as slimey as Ling..???
i didn't find them real slimmy until they been laying on the ice but I find that with all fish

Did the Cod have to go back too? I know they did when I was fishing the East Coast last year!
no the cod all came home :) :)
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Topwater,

What a cool "ice village". I never knew they existed! Wild...

And the view from your accommodations was breathtaking.

That cod had some pretty markings on it...I think I'd rather touch the ling over the "booger bass", Ransome! Eeewww!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

awsome pictures, you wouldnt catch me touching that booger. looks like the fish is turned inside-out. gives me the heebie-geebies looking at it.lol

chris
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Nice pics Topwater. Loks like you guys had a blast. Those cods must have tasted sweet.

Wolfe, about the ice village, it's also a great place for the young ones. Huge skating rinks, hay-rides, on-site Tom Cod museams and lot's of fish. Basically, the least exciting thing about this whole deal is actually the fishing unless you get into some perch :shock: :shock: .
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Awsome pick Topwater the scenery is very nice and as for the fishing well its just the fun to be out there and enjoying the weekend. Thats I always want to go to fish at the Saguenay and I sa the pick and it anchious to go there now. As for St Anne de la Perade thats another place that I want to go one of these days.