Day out at Petrie. Jan 28

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Day out at Petrie. Jan 28

Post by bucketmouth »

Met Ransome, Oakborne, Nighttroller, and Float down at the shack at Petrie this morning. Was kinda slow early on so we decided to tow the shack out over a lil deeper water.

By early aft Kev got into one. Fought it for about 10 minutes and it was screaming drag the hole way!

Quite the little crowd turned out to see what it was...

But unfortunately it managed to swim its way over to another nearby line and wrap around it as well and the fish was soon lost. :cry: Nighttroller caught a glimpse and said it was definitely a pike.

As evening fell FF was still on the hot hole and pulled out a walleye and a sauger as well as a few ling.

My shack (ram.SHACK.le I call her) finally redeemed herself and I managed to pull my first fish of the year thru the floor. A nice 22" walleye right after Nighttroller lost his right beside me :lol:

All in all a great day out and can't wait to fish Clayton Lake tomorrow!

ciao,
bucket
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Great report Don!

Nice 'Eye to boot :!:
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Great pics bucket.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Nice walleye Bucketmouth! To bad about FF's lunker pike though. Thats fishin' I guess! :o :lol:
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Nice eye Bucket!

All I had to see was those pics.....and I can hear Float..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

You should have heard him when he hooked into the big one!!! Unfortunately it was my line he wrapped around but for a minute I thought I had a big fish too. Then I realized what had happened but it was too late... Sorry Float. I should get an assist on Bucket's Walleye though!!! A great day on the ice although a little slow for me! Hopefully tomorrow on Clayton will be better.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

nighttroller wrote: I should get an assist on Bucket's Walleye though!!!
Why :?: Did you net it :?: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great day :!:
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

No, I lost it at the hole and about 60 seconds later he caught it!!!! Has to count for something. :)
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Absolutely, that happened to me last night, just missed it and about a minute later, nailed it!

What a feeling :!:
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Great report boys!! I hope we get something tomorrow AM.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

That was great. Nice piece of reporting Don. Good of you to show us what the boys were up to.

More more more!
:) :) :)
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

:P FF's report to follow! I am still sore from losing that fish :oops: Plus Ive had a few soda's :lol:

But all wait for FF's interpretaion of this event!!!! :twisted:
F.F
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

FF, looks like you're praying to the pike gods in that first pic! 8)
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

FLOATFISHIN wrote::P FF's report to follow! I am still sore from losing that fish :oops: Plus Ive had a few soda's :lol:

But all wait for FF's interpretaion of this event!!!! :twisted:
F.F
Is there an insinuation we didn't get the facts :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're waiting :!:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Well..........Was probably the best day Ive had on the ice in a long time :D Weather played nice, and as always awsome to meet the fellow HT'ers :D

We moved a bit throughout the AM, but found are spot and stayed.Fishing bout anywhere from 6 to 9' of water and the current was good and strong too.I put on a jiggin spoon tipped with a minn head, and started jiggin.After awhile I put the rod down and walked round talkin with the lads.Did this a few times and on the time in question :lol: Nighttroller was right in front of me, I walk over pick up my rod giver 1 twitch, and SMASH!!!!!!!!!I didnt know if I had a fish, or maybe snagged up :? Then the line started flying off my reel and the rod was bent to the hole :shock: A few of the lads heard my screamin, and thought I was BS'in em :lol:

Well this was the best fight ive ever had on the ice.Had 10lb fluoro on, but didnt wanna horse em.Many thoughts of how to get er in, and many runs by the fish led me to think I was in no way gettin this cow out the hole :shock: So after he got tangled in Richards line(And that wasnt the reason of loosin the fish, No worries Richard :D )My spoon came back to me(Don's spoon :P )And the fish swam to fight another day.

Richard got a look at er and said she was a northern in the 10lb range, but saw her upside down, and only the beek of er, so we concluded it could have possibly been a muskie aswell.

This fight was on for over 10mins, and the fish did not tire out :shock:

So all in all, Im happy I got to play er for a bit, and that she is swimmin without a hook in er face :D

Was a blast for sure, and Bucket topped er off with the big fish of the night :D

Thx a mill guys, and see ya this aft :wink:

F.F