Hittin the Specks with Jale6666

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hittin the Specks with Jale6666

Post by RJ »

Met up with Jale6666 this morning for some speck action.....having never caught a speck in my days I was excited to get out there....met him at the Balderson Cheese factory at 530....that made for a 430 wakeup call... :shock: :lol:

After loading up the truck....we hopped in and we're on our way...he admitted to me that I was the first hawk-talker he'd ever met.... :shock: ...oh oh....better make a good impression for the group... :lol:

After a scenic drive thru some of the best looking terrain out there...we arrived at our access point.....4 wheeler from here on in... :D ...this is pure god's country....beautiful area.....

We arrived at the lake to pure silence......it was so quiet is was eerie.... :D .....down went the minnows and we just kinda took it all in....he told me catching a fish on these trips is a bonus....after spending an hour out there I realized why.....what a spot....here's a few pics...

Sunrise....

We discussed how amazing it was that ice put these rocks here.... :lol: ...yes ice fishing makes you talk about everything....and nothing... :lol: :lol:

My host insisted I take the first fish...my 1st speck.... :D

Things got quiet for awhile....we spent time chatting and then decided to start taking a peek down the holes....man oh man....crystal clear water...watching our minnows swim....it was like an aquarium....if you ever get a chance to do that....do it!....you will learn alot about how you should be hooking your minnows on your tipups....

Then my rod bumped....I told Jale to get it...he runs over just before my rod gets yanked down the hole... :lol: ..up she comes...nice!

As we are unhooking that one a tip up goes....and I land a carbon copy of my first... :)

At that point it was time to head for home....a great day!....really enjoyed my time on the ice with jale6666....thanks Joe!

RJ
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Hey RJ, way to go my man! Congrats!

Love those Specks! I was just making plans for my Spring Speck trips before I came on-line to see this.

Not to mention a Spring Wallie trip up to the extreme wilds of Quebec!

They're a great eating fish for sure those Specs..!

Well Done :!:
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Hey RJ,

Looks like a really nice spot.Congrats on your first specks :D :D

Ron.
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

God's country forsure!! Great report RJ..
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

If anyone wants the last picture full size for your desktop PM me.....it's great full sized!

just Pm your email...

RJ
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Beautiful post and report RJ! I enjoyed it thoroughly. I wonder how someone could do with a fishfinder and a jigging pole though versus tipups.

Tight Lines,

Ratsotail
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

ratsotail,

We discussed what a Vexilar would do for us...we agreed not much as some of the lines were in as little as 5 feet of water.....deepest line was about 10 feet down....jigging may have helped....but it seemed if the fish swam into our area...they took our baits...

RJ
eyelander
Participant
Participant

Post by eyelander »

Man, thats got me pumped actually. I'm sittin up here in -35C temps. Wish I could go. That lake looks so similar to ones I fish. Yes, the specks do move around in schools. Last year my bud got his five before I even had a bite, one hour later I got my five in 35 minutes. They were out of a put and take stocked lake, but tasted fantastic none the less. Ours were almost double the size though, is this a natural brook trout lake?
PS: Gotta love the old finlander tip-up rig. Natural all the way, willow stick with a piece of flagging tape tied to the line to hold it on the stick. No other way for me
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

Excellent report RJ, seems like I was there..wait a minute I was!!! :shock:

First off I would like to thank RJ for being an excellent and gracious guest. It was a pleasure drilling holes and sharing the ice with someone as interesting an as knowledgeble as him!!!

Yes it is true he is the first from fish-hawk i've fished with, even after being a member for over 2 years. My new years resolution this year was to get out and meet more of you fellas and I'm off to a great start.

Made my day seeing him and his reaction when he iced his first speckle. :!: Broke my heart when he outfished me by a score of 2-1...lol..lol :lol:

Total for the day was only 3, a 14 incher for myself and RJ iced two that were 12 1/2 I believe.

Just a perfect day to be on the ice and meet someone as friendly as himself.

RJ...you are welcome in my boat, ice hut and/or 4 wheeler to a back lake anytime.

Take care fellas

Joe
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Awsome buddy, just awsome!!
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Nice work on those Spec fella's. I grew up fishing specs and I rarely see them now. I really loved seeing those pics.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I'm gonna have to have a chat with my better half tonight.....We need a 4 wheeler now.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....to plow the laneway... :wink:

RJ
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I hope your chat goes better then mine! :lol:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

RJ and Jale......Awsome report and awsome pics!!!! :D Glad to see you guys got the added bonus of a few sweeeeet fish :D

F.F
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Nice Brookies!! Way to go! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"