Fishing with Bobber - March 22nd

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

I'll be down that way in a couple more years with the grankids. I must make a popint of taking a day to fish there.
Life goes on
teppy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by teppy »

Markus, how much was it for the license and boat rental down there? Going down there next year and would love to give it a shot. I lived in punta gorda/ port charlotte back in 1991 and fished the fresh water lakes and canals. Purple or june bug worms were the ticket then,texas rigged and just cast out and real in slow. My biggest was a shade over 10 and I caught it 3 days before I moved back.It still swims there cause I let her go!!! I also shot over to okechobee and fished from shore there,not much luck though.
The gators are scary though when you are not used to them. I was also in the back of the chevette changing baits when I heard something in the bush and was astonished to turn around and see a bobcat. I went to the local baitshop to see what it was cause at the time I had no clue.In the 6 months I lived there I saw 3 of them. Also caught gar when I was there as well and another fish that I was not sure of.Love it down there.
teppy
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Glad to hear you guys had a good time! That water looks like prime LM territory!! :o 8)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Teppey....

7 day FL licence was $15-17 ( I can't remember exactly) and the boat was $65 for the day. US funds of course. I think that's a fair deal.

I'll be going again. :P
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

As for the gators....we didn't see any, but a couple times in the thick tall reeds we heard some crashing around and then a splash...not sure if it was a gator or a turtle, but it was big! :lol: :lol: I really wanted to see one.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

I don't think I'd be dangling my little toes into those waters...whether those splashes were from gators OR whopper snapping turtles. :shock:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Well, I've finally made it back home. 24 hours, it was a long drive, but well worth it. We visited every theme park on Disney and managed to get a day in fishing as well. While the fishing wasn't great for numbers, just being out on the water was all I needed to get refreshed and pumped for the season approaching us. I was hoping to get a couple days fishing and meet up with Tony G, but alas it was not in the cards this time.

Markus and I had a great time though. I gotta tell ya, if you could only see the look of his feet at the end of the day. I knew he was in for a painful night. :) I don't think I've ever seen bloches like those ones. In any case. we weren't skunked and that the main thing...right? Caught my first chain pickerel and I'm sure Markus hooked into something big. His light rod and mono probably didn't help his cause, but oh well, a great day none the less. Fishing East Lake was a great time and we had the opportunity to speak with some other tourists as we called it a day. They hooked up with a guide the day before and fished West Lake. Seems we should have gone there. 22 fish and none less than 3 lbs. Perhaps next time.

Thanks for making the trip down Markus and finding out all the arrangements to get us out there.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Moosebunk wrote:
Rider wrote:The pic with Rob doing the Thumbs up thing kinda has that true Redneck look :lol: :lol:
It's totally southern. Whatta Cowboy that guy. :lol:
YEEEE HAAWWWWW! is all I can say. :lol: I was trying to avoid the farmer tan look after I realized I was burning to a crisp from the elbows down. :roll:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D

Good to see you guy's had a good time, and hooked into a few,
I can relate to the sunburn, ...last summer was out with my buddy, fishin off the transom, bare feet dangling on the diving platform, ....water kept them nice and cool at the time, ....had trouble putting my socks on for a week, :shock: ....wish you a speedy recovery Markus :wink:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Everytime I put socks on, they heal into the blisters.... :evil:

I've been nursing them a bit and they'll be fine soon enough. :lol:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

wolfe wrote:Markus,

Reading that report, and drooling over those pictures, felt like a mini vacation to someplace warm and loaded with lunker potential. Sure was a fun read. :D

Sorry about your sunburn. :oops: I, too, underestimated the FL sun when I visited FL for the 1st time. We're heading there for a little getaway mid-April. Don't think I'll have time to fish, but I'm not conceding defeat yet!

Glad you guys had such a great experience, even if the fishing wasn't exactly hot.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.