Lower Niagara - Mar 13th - Morning

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Funny enough to read about and see the pic of the 1st copper pulling you guys over. But for it to happen TWICE....! :lol: Guess there aren't too many (like NONE) other boats out on the road in the dead of winter, wee hours!

Nice laker, anyway. Small or not, I'd take it!

Must have been a blast, you guys.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

That is absolutely hilarious!!! Good job Big-O on taking the pictures!

I think the cops were just so impressed with such dedicated fisherman!

Looks a tad too chilly for me! brrrr
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Made it home safe and sound. First I would like to thank Alison and Markus for putting up with me for three days :wink: you two are the best :D :D I'm not to sure where to start,so much happend in the last three days :D :D
Fishing the Niagara bar in March ....is a pure thrill, 50 MPH...down the river ...dodging ice bergs :shock: :shock: I can honestly say the Markus's boat was built better than the Titanic....they hit one Ice burg and sank....hell we must off bounced off a dozen....and the STRIPER is still floating :wink: :wink: :wink: ........how I'm not sure :wink: The fishing was slow....but every one got a fish on Saturday... and all Quality fish.OOOOOOPPPPPs .......sorry Jammer almost every one :wink: :wink: your really should have brought a can opener for that can of whoop bass...JK...it was great meeting you , sharing a few laughs on the drive to the river(by the way , the other movie was BAND OF BROTHERS)I t was great to meet all the guys at the ramp Saturday morning ... :D :D :D
This morning's run to the river...the pics above said it all...both Police officers thought we were crazy....they are not far off :wink: After mark found all the paper work for his truck and boat...which was a miracle in it's self, Office one( the first one to pull us over)was a fishermen....so the offer of a few fresh fillets only seemed fair, since he never said any thing about the burned out trailer light :oops: While mark was getting out the fillets I gave him a fish-hawk.net business card ...you never know we might have a new member soon. as we drove off I could see him shaking his head in disbelieve, carrying a freezer bag of lake trout fillets probaly saying ...now I've heard every thing :shock: The second time we got pulled over...the cruiser pulled in behind us, and followed us for about five minutes before lighting us up....Mark Laughing saying ....He going to pull us over. look I'm doing 30 in a 50 zone and he's not passing ,then the red lights.....Now we haven’t got the paper work put back from the first time...Mark told him that we just got pulled over 5 minutes ago...do you really need to see the paper work again :oops: :oops:No just couldn’t believe that I would see a boat going down the road in March in a snow storm, again the offer of some fillets, but this officer declined....stating , that he would get some off Officer one :D :D again nothing said about that trailer l(where is the sweating Icon)light ...all kidding aside it was good to see the boys are watching :!: :!: :!:
As Markus said the fishing was tough this morning....I'm not to sure how big the waves were, but...they were big, well I know how big one was....the one that came over the bow...or at least 2 feet of it came over the bow....FFF was trenched from head to toe...I mean trenched...Mark line of the day....Geeeeez Martin is suit water proof...Martins reply....Sort of, sort of NOT...FFF insisted that he was fine...damp but fine, So we took a slow drive back to the launch...only 40 MPH instead of 50 :!: My fish -Hawk toque was froze solid....it looked like Helmet... and FFF looked like a Ice Sculpture you would see at Winter lude : 8)We did a few long Drifts, and one back drift, when the clock said it was time to go...a sad moment for sure :( :( ...and just like that ,my Niagara Adventure came to a end :cry: :( :( ....but what great memories.... ...Mark I can't thank-you enough.... this trip was truly a great Adventure
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

NICCE fish, Crazy how your reel can freeze like that man, but pretty awsome id say :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

That is hilarious!..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big-O....they must have heard about the headbutting incident..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even though it was a tough fish......looked like a blast!

RJ
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

On the bluff

Post by Seaweed »

Simply amazing story...

Glad you guys had a riot out there.

The fish that you nabbed on several outings looked.....

Like it was worth every minute.

I am still giggling about the cops.... too much. Salmon you didn't set them up did you? :wink:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Seaweed wrote:
I am still giggling about the cops.... too much. Salmon you didn't set them up did you?
Seaweed you may have hit on somthing here....on one drift...we passed Jammer and Salmon. going the other way...and since we had about 4" of snow in the boat ...and Simon had only about 3"....we thought that we would share our snow...in the form of Snow balls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... I do remember them (Jammer and Salmon) talking about Salmon's buddies and a burnt out out tail light :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
Ladyfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Ladyfish »

:lol: Unreal guys! And here the OPP were probably thought they caught the big one :shock: I can imagine the stories being told back at the station :lol:

Glad everyone had so much fun :D
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Sweet stuff boys!

Wouldn't be the first time the boys in blue got up close and personal to that boat. :wink: Still haven't fixed those lights eh Markus?!

So, I'll remember to throw a couple of fillets in my coat pocket, just in case I get pulled over for rolling a stop sign or jay-walking or something.

Oh ya, something about fish. Well done fellas, I'm getting the itch real bad. FFF ... did those new glasses of yours give you a good view of that sunami? :lol: :lol: :lol:

M.T. Livewell
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Wayyy to funny boys! Sounds like a good time despite the conditions!

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Too funny guys! Always an adventure eh?

I think it is clear why you had a tough go on the fishing front - they were all scared to get clubbed on the head with Markus's net! :roll:
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hawk....when I was netting Marks fish...I told him you offered $50.00 to net it like he nets yours :lol: :lol: :lol: he said he would pay me $55.00 to net it the way you do :wink: as you can see by the pic of Mark waiting to net Martins fish....his baseball stance and netting method needs a little work.. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

I had a chuckle over the boys in blue doing their job....good too see!
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Congrats on the fun weekend boys. Just curious as to which one of you guys was out of your territory with the Ministry of Corrections ankle bracelet. :lol:
Caseys Dream
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Caseys Dream »

An adventure to be sure, I'm sure the cops all had a good story to tell for the rest of the day too.

This is why I love this site, adventures like these.

CD